Dr Shazma Azeem
Assistant Professor of Inorganic/Analytical Chemistry
PhD (Government College University, Lahore in collaboration with the University of Nottingham, UK)
MPhil (Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad)
Room # 164, Armacost Science Building
Over 19 years of teaching and research experience in various institutions in Pakistan; member chemistry faculty at FCCU since September 2004; Conducted research on biopolymers at The University of Nottingham, UK, in 2012. Presented research papers in the 251st American Chemical Society National Meeting in San Diego, USA in 2016 and in Pittcon 2018. Co-principal investigator of a research project ‘Substitution of synthetic polymers with highly biocompatible and inexpensive polymers from renewable sources in formulation of pharmaceuticals’ approved by HEC .
Teaching interests: Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
Research interests: Isolation and study of biomaterials useful for pharmaceutical applications such as binders in tablets, formation of suspensions, capsule shell, contact lenses, targeted and controlled drug delivery devices and determination of stability constants of metal complexes.
- Shazma Massey, William MacNaughtan, Huw E L Williams, Bettina Wolf and Mohammad S Iqbal (2017); A structural study of Acacia nilotica and Acacia modesta gums. Carbohydrate Polymers, 175: 207-215.
- Shazma Massey, Mohammad S. Iqbal, Bettina Wolf, Irfana Mariam, and Shumaila Rao (2016); Comparative drug loading and release study on some carbohydrate polymers. Latin American Journal of Pharmacy, 35(1): 146-154.
- Mohammad S. Iqbal, Shazma Massey, Jamshed Akbar, Chaudhury M. Ashraf, Rashid Masih (2013); Thermal analysis of some natural polysaccharide materials by isoconversional method.Food Chemistry, 140(1-2):178-82.
- Jamshed Akbar, Mohammad S. Iqbal, Shazma Massey, Rashid Masih (2012);
Kinetics and mechanism of thermal degradation of pentose- and hexose-based carbohydrate polymers.Carbohydrate polymers, 90(3):1386-93.
- Jamshed Akbar, Mohammad S. Iqbal, Muhammad T. Chaudhary, Tallat Yasin, Shazma Massey (2012); A QSPR study of drug release from an arabinoxylan using ab initio optimization and neural networks. Carbohydrate Polymers, 88:1348-1357.