Timeline

Vertical Timeline

1894

 The College was named ‘Forman Christian College’.

1902

Co-education was introduced in the College. Forman Christian College was one of the first to enrol women in the College.

1916

Ewing Hall was inaugurated.

1940

The College was shifted to the new campus.

1943

The Ewing Memorial Library was inaugurated.

1946

Quaid-e-Azam, Mohammad Ali Jinnah visited the College.

1963

The Lucas Center was inaugurated to serve as a sports center for students.

1971

Sinclair Hall was inaugurated as the first auditorium on campus.

2004

Dr. Peter H. Armacost became the first Rector of the University.

2012

A groundbreaking ceremony was held for a new 4-acre car park.

2014

The University celebrated its 150th Year Anniversary.

Mercy Health Center was inaugurated. This is a facility that provides first-aid and basic healthcare to students, staff and faculty. The building also houses the Campus Counseling Center which provides counseling services to the FCCU community.

2016

The Sir Anwer Pervaiz Block, an extension of the Business and Social Sciences Building was inaugurated. This block was designed to accommodate the growing number of students and houses auditoriums, smart classrooms, and faculty offices.

2017

Griswold Hall, an on campus hostel for Intermediate students, was commissioned after renovations.

The PharmD Program was launched.

2019

The Hamid Saeed Faculty Block was inaugurated and provides office space to faculty members.

The Sitara-e-Imtiaz was awarded to Rector, Dr. James Tebbe for his services in the field of education.

The groundbreaking ceremony was held for the Campus Center. Once completed, the Center will provide dedicated student services, such as a digital library, auditoriums, dining facilities and office space for student service offices.

2020

The FCCU community bid farewell to Rector, Dr. James Tebbe following his retirement from the University.