FCCU aims to make quality education accessible for all who wish to attend University here without being hindered by financial circumstances. FCCU is dedicated to making education affordable for students and their families through a generous program of scholarships, financial aid, grants and awards. Your financial aid application is used to determine how much your family can pay and determining the amount of support FCCU can provide.
Rs 72.6 million awarded in financial aid
- Need and Merit Based Financial Aid
The office of Financial Aid evaluates each application and awards aid according to the financial need and merit of the applicant.
- Merit Scholarships
Baccalaureate Merit Scholarships are awarded on the basis of applicants’ FCC T-Scores and covers a waiver of 70% of the tuition fee of the respective program. The T-Score is an aggregate of past academic performance and the Forman Entry Admission Test (FEAT Accuplacer). Merit scholarships are awarded to applicants who secure a minimum bench-marked T-Score as determined by the Admissions Committee. Merit scholarships are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis on the following terms and conditions:
- Students must maintain a CGPA (cumulative grade point average) of at least 3.00 and be a full time university student taking a minimum of 15 credits per semester
- Student must not be involved in any misconduct and no disciplinary action must be taken against him/her during their academic stay in the university
- Merit scholarships are be awarded for 8 regular semesters (this does not include summer and winter semesters)
- If a student changes his/her program, the scholarship rate would be that of the lower charged program.
Note: Scholarships are awarded upon issuance of roll number from the Admission Office. If candidates on the merit list do not show up for admission and seek a roll number by the deadline, their scholarship will be forfeited and offered to the next candidate(s) in line for that program. No appeals will be entertained by the university authorities in this regard.
- Provisional Need + Merit- based Financial Aid
Provisional Need + Merit Based Financial Aid is available only for deserving students who are applying for Baccalaureate Provisional Admissions and qualify the Forman Entry Admission Test (FEAT Accuplacer).
This application process applies to those students only who appear for FEAT from March 2017 to July 2017.
After the Admission Test Results, student can apply for Financial Aid by the following mentioned steps:
Step 1: Deposit Rs 500 Financial Aid Form Processing Fee at FCC HBL Branch
Step 2: Drop the Financial Aid Fee Receipt at room no 14 window, Ahmed Saeed Administration Building
Step 3: Online access (username and password) of the financial aid form will be emailed on your email ID
Step 4: Fill out the form, submit it online, upload picture and print the form
Step 5: Submit the form along with all required documents at Financial Aid room no 14 window, Ahmed Saeed Administration Building
The Financial Aid Form Link: Financial Aid Form
List of required documents can be viewed at the following links:
Note: In case of any holiday, next working day will be considered for the submission of forms.
In order to be fair to all those who apply for financial aid , FCC encourages completing appropriate required documentation and undertaking from all applicants for the financial aid process. This is to make sure that the financial aid application is complete and accurate in all aspects as described on the form.
- Work Study Program
Students who are unable to pay their fee and other university-related expenses can apply for on-campus jobs to meet their financial needs. Click here to apply for the Work Study Program.
Does FCC offer any financial aid/scholarships?
Yes, FCC offers financial aid to all deserving and academically eligible students.
Is there any Scholarship for the Postgraduate Program?
Yes, the following types of scholarships are available for our postgraduate programs.
- University Scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship i.e. 70% tuition fee waiver
- Teacher Assistantships
- External Scholarship
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund i.e. full fee scholarships plus a stipend
Are there any merit scholarships offered by the government?
Students are encouraged to apply for merit scholarships as announced by the government. These scholarships are advertised at FCC. Currently the following scholarships are advertised:
- Scholarships for students from Bahawalnagar, Balochistan, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Gujrat, Jhang, Kasur, Lahore, Mandi Bahauddin, Rajanpur, Sargodha, and Sialkot
- PEEF (Punjab Educational Endowment Fund)
- Scholarships for teacher’s children
- Scholarships for disabled students
- Scholarships for minority students
Who can apply for financial aid?
Every applicant who is applying for admission in any program at FCCU may apply for Financial Aid. FCCU does not discriminate on the basis of religion, ethnicity, or caste. We encourage students with genuine need to apply.
When can students apply for financial aid?
Provisionally admitted students can apply for financial aid at the time of admission while filling out the online admission application. Candidates, who apply for admission following the announcement of board results, can apply for Financial Aid on starting their classes. Continuing students may apply as the dates are announced by the Financial Aid Office.
What are the criteria of awarding financial assistance?
The Financial Aid Committee assesses the financial need of candidates and determines whether or not the candidate’s family has adequate resources to support the fee at FCCU. The need is determined on the basis of the financial credentials submitted by the student.
Is there any Financial Aid for hostel dues, Mess Charges, books, etc?
The financial aid award accommodates the tuition fee and may be considered for hostel charges as well.
Is it mandatory to submit Financial Aid Form online and in hard copy?
Yes, it is mandatory for all applicants to submit the Financial Aid Form online as well as a print out of the same at window #15, Ahmed Saeed Administration Building.
How many times can a student apply for financial Aid?
- Intermediate students can apply once a year for two consecutive years.
- IEAP students are eligible only for one academic year (this counts towards 2 semesters).
- Baccalaureate students can apply once a year for four consecutive years.
What is meant by physical verification?
The Office of Financial Aid carries the discretion to physically verify the facts provided through credentials by the student applying for financial aid at any point of time during their tenure at FCCU. It may include a visit to the student’s house/ business or inquiry from neighbors.
How are students informed about their Financial Aid status?
Students are informed through official emails, SMS sent on the contacts provided, as well on their web portals.
Does FCC offer scholarships other than financial aid?
Yes, FCC encourages its students to apply for all government and non-government scholarships and loan schemes. We also offer Work Study Program to Baccalaureate Junior and Senior Students in which students work part time in FCC and receive stipends to support their education.
Does everyone who applies for financial Aid receive it?
Need-based financial Aid is given to deserving students who have truthfully completed their Financial Aid Form and have provided all the required documents that prove their genuine need and eligibility for financial aid.
Is there any penalty for providing fake/ incorrect information in the Financial Aid Form?
Yes, students face a fine of Rs 10, 000, permanent rejection and reversal of all previously awarded financial aid in case of providing fake/incorrect information.
Can I apply for the financial aid during the semester/year?
If the financial situation of the student’s family changes drastically due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. natural disasters like flood, death, layoffs from job etc, the student must submit an application with proof of incident at the Financial Aid Information Window to apply for financial aid.
Can a student appeal for rechecking the financial aid decision?
Yes, the Financial Aid Office accepts requests from students who have additional information to declare, which may have been missed during the initial assessment.
To apply, all financial aid applicants are required to follow the given instructions
- Deposit the financial aid processing fee (FPRO) of Rs 500 at the on-campus HBL branch
- Drop office copy of paid challan form at the Financial Aid drop box at information help desk placed in front of Ahmed Saeed Administration Building (ASAB)
- Make sure your FCCU email account (for example email@example.com) is activated before you submit challan form payment receipt. For email account login, visit Room # 204, ASAB
- Financial aid form 2017-18 account login access will only be emailed at your FCCU email account
- After filling out and submitting the online financial aid application form, print the form and submit it along with all the required documents at window # 14 and 15, ASAB before the prescribed deadline. The following deadlines will be strictly observed.
- Late applications and incomplete forms will not be entertained
- University students whose CGPA is below 2.0 are not eligible to apply for financial aid
- List of documents
- Conduct certificate
- Financial Aid form declaration format
- Third Party Acknowledgement Letter
Financial Aid Processing Charges:
|Financial Aid Application||500|
|Award Letter/ Certificate||500|
Financial Aid Form Rechecking
Financial Aid Applications are either accepted or rejected after the evaluation of financial aid form by the financial aid department. If anyone wants to get the form rechecked by financial aid department then the prescribed processing fee of rechecking will be charged. Following will be procedure for rechecking of financial aid application:
- The Prescribed Processing Fee (Rs 500/-) must be deposited in FCC Nominated Bank Branch.
- The submission of Processing Fee Receipt (Office Copy) and written request for rechecking along with any other additional information or documents must be filed in Financial Aid Department.
- The department of financial aid will recheck the form to see if anything has been overlooked and inform the reasons of denied application to student. The results along with any reason for rejection will be communicated.
Note: Rechecking dates will be open for 7 working days after the display of recently processed Financial Aid List. Late applications for rechecking will not be entertained.
Award Letters or Certificates
Online Financial Aid Award Letters are available to students on their Web Portal.
Students who require an Award Letter/ Certificate on a letter head must follow the below mentioned procedure.
Step I: Deposit Financial Aid Processing Fee of Rs. 500/- in FCC nominated bank.
Step II: Drop the issuing office copy along with the request form of issuing an award letter at Room No. 14 window, Ahmed Saeed, AdministrationBuilding.
Merit-based financial awards including Merit Scholarships (75% tuition fee waiver) and Teaching Assistantships (50% tuition fee waiver) are available.
Merit Scholarship is offered to the MPhil, MS and MBA students who are on top of the merit list as determined by the concerned departmental Admission Committee and announced by the Admission Office.
Teaching Assistantships are offered to the MPhil and MS Students who are high scorers on the Merit List. There are limited number of Assistantships available in each department.
The Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) in partnership with FCCU offers a certain number of full fee scholarships along with a minimal stipend to talented and deserving enrolled students fulfilling the prescribed criteria. Applications are submitted at Financial Aid Office, Room # 015, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600.
Students who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria for PEEF are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office.