The program provides a thorough understanding of economic theories pertaining to global economic issues with special focus on Pakistan’s economy. It also enables the students to perform both quantitative and qualitative analyses in research and present the findings effectively. The degree enhances the students’ personal and professional decision-making capacities. Further, it encourages them to contribute in policy formulation and participate in the economic development of Pakistan.
- Demonstrate understanding of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics
- Perform quantitative research skills to critically analyze economic issues
- Apply economic theory in wide range of real life problems and suggest policy changes
- Effectively communicate economic ideas in oral and written form
- Use their knowledge and abilities for the welfare of the people
- Practice ethical and moral values in their professional and personal lives
- Describe careers that apply economics in public, private, and international institutions
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.