- Systems Research Group
Computer Systems provides the core foundation for the smooth functioning of different applications. The System group intends to investigate the applied and theoretical aspects in the domain of Computer Systems for designing and building of Internet Systems and Services. This group covers a large range of subject areas including but not limited to Computer Architecture, Operating systems, Communication Networks, Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, High-Performance Computing, Wireless Networking and Distributed Computing Systems. We anticipate to contribute in various research avenues that shape the future Next Generation Networks (NGN), Internet Systems and Services.
Contact Person: Dr Mubashar Mushtaq: email@example.com
- Software Engineering Research Group (SERG)
The research interests of Software Engineering research group at the Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) cover both the software development and maintenance activities. Our foremost priority is to promote the software engineering research at the undergraduate and graduate level within our University. Second, we develop tools and techniques to equip developers for better engineering software systems. We investigate product, processes and people in software engineering.”
Contact Person: Dr Saad Bin Saleem: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Vision/Image Processing (CV/IP) Research Group
The Computer Vision Group at FCCU is geared towards teaching computers understand the visual world. We conduct research in a number of areas including 3D vision, camera calibration, image understanding, and action recognition.
Contact Person: Dr. Nazim Ashraf: email@example.com
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) Research Group
The Artificial Intelligence group at FCCU is actively involved in foundational research in core areas of knowledge representation, information retrieval, reasoning, learning, planning, decision-making, speech and language processing, pattern recognition, text mining and optimization. The group’s focus is on practically exploring all machine learning aspects like deep learning, natural language processing and classical algorithms. The group research addresses the central challenges of machine cognition, both from a theoretical perspective and application perspective. The group is also aimed at applying intelligent algorithms to applied problems in areas like bioinformatics, search and information retrieval.
Contact person: Ms Umber Nisar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Socially Relevant Computing Research Group
This group is working to create computing based projects that can enrich and improve lives of people by directly solving real-world problems. We are working on projects like assistive technologies for the disabled, emergency response, and tele-healthcare.
Contact person: Dr Aasia Khanum: email@example.com
- H. Malik, H. Farzand and Z. Shafiq, “Enhancing the Usability of Android Application Permission Model”, IEEE Future of Information and Communication Conference 2018, Singapore, 2018.
- Maria Tamoor, “Comparison of Different Multi Objective Evolutionary Algorithms for Bug Localization”, accepted for International Conference on Applied Cognitive Computing (ACC’18), Las Vegas, USA, 2018.
- Minhas; A. Khanum; F. Riaz; S. Khan; A. Alvi, “Predicting Progression from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Alzheimer’s Disease using Autoregressive Modelling of Longitudinal and Multimodal Biomarkers,” in IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics , vol. 22, issue 2, pp.818-825, May 2018.
- Faheem Mahmood, Muhammad Fahimul Haq, Asif Aziz Lodhi, Mudusar Ali, Shama Akram, Umber Nisar,Arslan Saleem, Abdul Majeed Cheema, “The Hormonal Levels of Estrogen in Second and Third Trimesters of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Patients with or without Family History” Pakistan Journal of Medical and Health Sciences, Vol. 12, Page 463-467, 2018.
- Sidra Minhas, Aasia Khanum, Farhan Riaz, Shoab Khan, Atif Alvi, “Trajectory Based Predictive Modeling of Conversion from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Alzheimer’s Disease”, IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics, Florida, USA, 2017.
- H. Malik, “Usability Evaluation of Ontology Engineering Tools”, IEEE Computing Conference London, 2017.
- Sidra M., Aasia K., Farhan R., Atif A., Shoab A.K , “Short & long term prediction of MCI-to-AD based on longitudinal Multimodal, Multivariate Biomarkers”, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, pp. 16, ISBN: 978-93-84468-76-7, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2016.
- Sidra M., Aasia K., Farhan R., Atif A., Shoab A.K., “A Non Parametric Approach for Mild Cognitive Impairment to AD Conversion Prediction: Results of Longitudinal Data”, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Sept.2016.
- Fatima Anwer, Rubhan Azeem, Aasia Khanum, Atif Alvi, “An Intelligent Rule-Based Framework for Interpreting Crop Leaf Lesions in E-Agriculture”, MDSRC Multidisciplinary Student Research Conference 14-15 Nov. 2015
- Ibrar Hussain, Aasia Khanum, Abdul Qudus Abbasi, M. Younus Javed, “A Novel Approach for Software Architecture Recovery Using Particle Swarm Optimization”, International Arab Journal of Information Technology, (ISI Indexed, Impact Factor 0.37), vol. 12, Jan. 2015
- Saima Shaheen, Muid Mufti, Aasia Khanum, Usman Akram, Shoab A. Khan, “A Novel Compression Technique for Multi-Camera Nodes through Directional Correlation”, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Article ID 539838, Hindawi Publishers, Feb. 2015, ISI Impact Factor 0.923.
- Nazim Ashraf, Hassan Foroosh. Motion retrieval using consistency of epipolar geometry. ICIP 2015: 4219-4223
- Sidra Minhas, Aasia Khanum, Farhan Riaz, Atif Alvi, Shoab A. Khan, “Early Alzheimer’s Disease Prediction in Machine Learning Setup: Performance Analysis with Missing Value Imputation”, The International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL), 14-16 Oct. 2015, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, ISI Indexed (CPCI-S), ACM Indexed.
- Saima Shaheen, Aasia Khanum, Shoab A. Khan, M. Y. Javed, “Using MAC Frame Header for Efficient Multimedia Streaming Over IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN”, 2015 International Conference on Computer, Communication, and Control Technology (I4CT) , 2015
- Kashif Baseer, Aasia Khanum, “TAES-COTS: Thorough Process for COTS Evaluation”, Proc. Frontiers in Information Technology (FIT), pp. 91-96, Dec. 17-19, 2014
- Muhammad Nasir, Asim Baig, Aasia Khanum, “Brain Tumor Classification Using Sparse Representation”, International Conference on Image and Signal processing (ICISP), LNCS, Vol. 8509, pp.629-637, 2014
- Nazim Ashraf, Chuan Sun, Hassan Foroosh. View invariant action recognition using projective depth. Computer Vision and Image Understanding 123: 41-52 (2014)
- Zubair Nabi, Atif Alvi, Gary Allen, David Greaves, and Rashid Mehmood, Open-VSeSeMe: A Middleware for Efficient Vehicular Sensor Processing, Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Vehicles (Nets4Cars/Nets4Trains 2013), Lille, France, May 2013, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
- Asma Akhter, Aasia Khanum, Shoab A. Khan, Arslan Shaukat, “Automated Plant Disease Analysis (APDA): Performance Comparison of Machine Learning Techniques”, pp. 60-65, 11th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), 2013.
- Kamran, Farooque Azam, Aasia Khanum, “Discovering Core Architecture Classes to Assist Initial Program Comprehension”, Proc. 2012 Intl conf. Information Technology and Software Engineering, Vol. 211 of Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Springer, pp. 3-10, 2013.
- Nazim Ashraf, Yuping Shen, Xiaochun Cao, Hassan Foroosh. View invariant action recognition using weighted fundamental ratios. Computer Vision and Image Understanding 117(6): 587-602 (2013)
- Saleem, Saad Bin; Montrieux, Lionel; Yu, Yijun; Tun, Thein and Nuseibeh, Bashar (2013). Maintaining security requirements of software systems using evolving crosscutting dependencies. In: Chitchyan, Ruzanna; Moreira, Ana; Araujo, Joao and Rashid, Awais eds. Aspect Oriented Requirements Engineering, pp. 167-181, Springer.
- Atif Alvi, Zubair Nabi, David Greaves, and Rashid Mehmood, Enabling and Verifying Mobile Learning Pervasive Environments with Semantic Knowledge Bases, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, May, 2012.
- Nazim Ashraf, Hassan Foroosh. Human action recognition in video data using invariant characteristic vectors. ICIP 2012: 1385-1388
- Nazim Ashraf, Chuan Sun, Hassan Foroosh. Motion retrival using low-rank decomposition of Fundamental Ratios. ICIP 2012: 1905-1908
- Shaleeza Sohail, Aasia Khanum, “Fuzzy Logic Based Adaptive Update Mechanism for Routing Information Protocol”, International Conference on Computing, Networking and Digital Technologies, ICCNDT, Nov. 11-13, 2012
- Muhammad Asif Raza, Muhammad Tanvir Afzal, Aasia Khanum, “Discovering, Structuring and Visualizing Organizations from Linked Open Data,” 6th International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT), Nov. 29-Dec.1, 2011
- Zubair Nabi, Atif Alvi, and Rashid Mehmood, Towards Standardization of In-Car Sensors, Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Vehicles (Nets4Cars 2011), Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany, March, 2011, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 6596/2011, pp. 216-223.
- Atif Alvi, Zubair Nabi, David Greaves, and Rashid Mehmood, Intra-Vehicular Verification and Control: A Two-Pronged Approach, Int. Journal of Vehicle Information and Communication Systems (IJVICS), Vol. 2, Nos. 3/4, 2011, Inderscience Publishers, 2011.
- Atif Alvi, Rashid Mehmood, and David Greaves, Intra-Vehicular Verification and Control: A Two-Pronged Approach, Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Communication Technologies for Vehicles (Nets4Cars 2010) at 7th IEEE-IET International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks and DSP (CSNDSP 2010), Newcastle, UK, July, 2010.
- Atif Alvi, Zubair Nabi, David Greaves, and Rashid Mehmood, Controlling Real World Pervasive Environments with Knowledge Bases, Proceedings of Invited Session at the 14th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems (KES 2010), Cardiff, Wales, UK, September, 2010, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Volume 6279/2010, pp. 576-585.
- Usman Akram, Aasia Khanum, “Retinal Images: Blood Vessel Segmentation by Threshold Probing,” In Proc. IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA), pp. 475-479, 3-6 October, 2010.
- Nazim Ashraf, Yuping Shen, Hassan Foroosh. View-Invariant Action Recognition Using Rank Constraint. ICPR 2010: 3611-3614
- Svahnberg, Mikael; Gorschek, Tony; Feldt, Robert; Torkar, Richard; Saleem, Saad Bin; and Shafique, Muhammad Usman (2010). A systematic review on strategic release planning models. In: The Journal of Information and Software Technology, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 237-248