The 4-year BS (Hons) degree program at FCCU is duly accredited by NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council) of HEC and is complemented by the University’s liberal arts education system. The program provides a solid understanding of the theory and techniques of Computer Science so that upon graduation the students can enter various industries or pursue graduate studies. Our courses are a mix from various areas that reflect the excitement and joy of computing, e.g. mathematics, electronics, algorithms, programming, theoretical computer science, artificial intelligence, application development, software engineering, networks, operating systems, databases, computer vision, human-computer interaction and more.
- Academic Education: Completion of an accredited program of study designed to prepare graduates as computing professionals.
- Knowledge for Solving Computing Problems: Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, knowledge of a computing specialization, and mathematics, science, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, adapt, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools for complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi–disciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the computing community and with society at large about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions
- Computing Professionalism and Society: Understand and assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practice
- Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practice
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional
PEO1: Fundamental Computing Knowledge
A graduate who is performing his/her professional role with understanding of the fundamental engineering knowledge
PEO2: Core Values
A graduate who is fulfilling his/her professional responsibilities with societal concern and ethical conduct
A graduate who is effective in a leadership role of a group/team assigned to him/her or in an entrepreneurial venture
PEO4: Continuous Improvement
A graduate who keeps on exploring new fields and areas in computing for his/her organization or conduct research for academic pursuit.
PEO5: Communication Skills
A graduate who is effective in oral and written communication of technical and managerial information
● Students who have passed their Intermediate
● A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level)
Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
● A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting
results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
● Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the
● Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
● Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have
studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.