The Department of Computer Science is part of the Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences. It offers a rigorous undergraduate program for able and motivated students who are excited by the influence of computing in our lives and who want to tackle the challenges of tomorrow. Computer Science is a fast-changing field and our program aims to equip students with the fundamental knowledge that enables them to keep abreast of the latest developments and to contribute. The Department offers the degree of Bachelor of Computer Science (Honors) and MS Computer Science.
The BS (Hons) Computer Sciences degree is accredited by the National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC), which is the authority representing the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The 4-year BCS degree program at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is accredited by NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council) of HEC with the highest ranking of ‘W’. The program provides a solid understanding of the theory and techniques of Computer Science so that upon graduation the students can enter various industries or pursue graduate studies. The curriculum offers a holistic view of the discipline. It emphasizes both the state of the art and the essential skills of modeling, abstraction and problem solving that open up a wide range of industries to the students. Our courses are a mix from various areas that reflect the excitement and joy of computing, e.g. physics, mathematics, electronics, algorithms, programming languages, theoretical CS, artificial intelligence, game development, software engineering, networks, operating systems, databases, computer vision, human-computer
- Apply knowledge and skills to the real world
- Engage in self-directed learning to update their own knowledge
- Work collaboratively in teams and demonstrate appropriate leadership
- Display core values on moral, ethical, legal and professional issues
- Communicate effectively about computing
- Solve problems effectively
Graduates must be able to solve real-world professional problems by applying theoretical knowledge and current tools of CS.
- Core Values
Graduates must demonstrate core values on moral, ethical, legal, and professional issues.
Graduates who are effective team members and demonstrate appropriate leadership skills professionally or in an entrepreneurial setup.
- Continuous Improvement
Graduates who engage in self-directed learning and exploration professionally as well as in academics and research.
- Communication Skills
Graduates must be effective in oral and written communication of technical and managerial information.
6. If marks in Math in intermediate are less than 50%, then such students must take the extra remedial mathematics course ( “MATH095 Remedial Maths” , “MATH101 Pre-Calc and Trigonometry” and “MATH100 Quantitative Skills) just like their counterpart students having non-Math (pre-Medical) background.
- 1. At least 60% overall marks in Intermediate (Pre-Engineering, ICS, Pre-Medical) OR equivalent in A-level/IBCC.
- 2. At least 65% marks in Mathematics (Pre-Engineering, ICS) or at least 65% marks in Physics (Pre-Medical) OR at least C grade in Mathematics/Computer Science/Physics for A-level/IBCC students.
- 3. Students with non-mathematics background (pre-medical) must take the extra remedial mathematics course ( “MATH095 Remedial Maths“, “MATH101 Pre-Calc and Trigonometry” and “MATH100 Quantitative Skills)
Chairperson & Professor
PhD Software Engineering (NUST, Islamabad)
Room # 303, Armacost Science Building
PhD (University of Bordeaux 1, France)
MS (University of Bordeaux 1, France)
Room # 203, Armacost Science Building
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA) MSc Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
PhD Software Security Maintenance (The Open University, UK) MS Software Engineering (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
PhD Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS (IT) (Hamdard University, Karachi)
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
PhD Computer Science (Warwick University, UK)
Room # 401, Armacost Science Building
PhD Computer Software Engineering (National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad)
MS Computer Software Engineering (National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad)
MSc Software Engineering (BTH, Karlskrona, Sweden) MCS (University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi)
MSc Media Informatics in Human Computer Interaction (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
For BS (Hons) Computer Science:
|2020FA||2021SP||Total Fee per Year Excluding Tax||Total Fee per Year Including Tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|