The Department of Physics offers a BS (Hons) degree in Physics that concentrates on building its students capacities as physicists through a variety of courses and learning activities. The Department is part of the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
- Demonstrate a general working knowledge of the basic areas of Physics and apply formal knowledge in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory skills (e.g. instrumental analysis and laboratory safety) and formulate effective strategies for solving scientific problems
- Efficiently use library resources and technology to gather information, read, understand, and communicate scientific information clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing
- Analyze the broader implications of Physics-related experimentation and application processes (e.g., resource management, economic factors, and ecological considerations)
- Work effectively with others as part of a team to solve scientific problems
- Describe the opportunities in, and requirements for, careers available to those with training in Physics
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.