The Department offers a BA (Hons) degree and is a part of the Faculty of Humanities.
By the end of 4-year program students will:
- Explain the nature and working of print and electronic media
- Demonstrate skills for employment in advertising, public relations, print and electronic media
- Describe important mass communication roles of media managers, administrators and researchers
- Analyze principles and strategies of communication
- Analyze areas of media’s effect on individuals and society
- Evaluate media laws and ethics
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.