Last date for application: Wednesday, 15th July 2020
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) has a vacancy for an English Teacher in Light of Hope School.
This position of an English Teacher will be expected to create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for the next level of education in accordance with each student’s ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and prepare well-structured, clearly presented lessons appropriate to the abilities of all students and the syllabus being taught
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports
- Communicates with parents through Parent Teacher Meetings and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required
- Participates in Staff committees and student activities
- 4 years Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree from HEC recognized university in a relevant subject.
- Experienced in teaching English Classes at an institution of good repute.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and three letters of reference, copies of degrees and experience certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Wednesday 15th July 2020.