The Department of Statistics at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) was established in 1974, with the vision, to provide the best quality education in Statistics and high quality statistical services in Pakistan. It has evolved ever since by adding resources in terms of newly developed courses keeping in view the demand of the day, highly qualified faculty, and various professional development opportunities. With the presence of the most diverse research expertise of Statistics in Pakistan, the Department aims to provide a core understanding of statistical concepts with their application to the real world situations, covering both theoretical and applied aspects of Statistics. The Department of Statistics offers a comprehensive program of undergraduate and graduate degrees in Statistics.
The Department of Statistics organizes seminar series by the name “Numbers Rule Your World”. It also provides various opportunities like panel discussions, field trips to provide our students with experiential learning and keeping them updated with the current advancements in Statistics.
The Department of Statistics is committed to devise and develop statistical techniques, and to disseminate statistical knowledge through effective teaching, research, advising and outreach programs, by making our students responsible citizens and responsible users of Statistics in order to serve the needs of the broader community.
MPhil program in Statistics is a two-year evening program, designed to introduce our graduate students to the applied and theoretical knowledge, and scholarly research in Statistics. The objective is to produce noble thinkers, effective users and leading researchers in Statistics. MPhil program in Statistics combines in it an approach based on cross-disciplinary interactions and understandings in a supportive environment, necessary for an individual’s growth as a critical thinker here and after. This program has a strong emphasis on the research skills in the areas of Mathematical Statistics, Biostatistics, Sampling Techniques, Statistical Quality Control, Stochastic models and Computational Statistics.
- One of the highest number of PhD faculty members in any department of Statistics in the country
- We offer diverse research specializations which other competing universities do not offer
- The curriculum of MPhil in Statistics is designed to build a strong theoretical foundation, with advanced application knowledge with high performing computational resources available
- Experiential learning with a strong emphasis on technology integrated learning
- Computer labs equipped with licensed software versions of SPSS, Python and R-Programming Language
- We offer a lecture series “Numbers Rule Your World”, where faculty, students, and eminent scholars are invited to discuss their research and recent advancements in the subject of statistics
- We offer such an environment where students can collaborate with faculty across other disciplines
- Availability of Merit Scholarship, PEEF Scholarships, and Teaching Assistantships
- A 4-year BS (Hons) degree from an HEC recognized University in the discipline of Statistics or Biostatistics with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA and 130 credit hours. Students with minor in Statistics are also eligible to apply
A Conventional MSc in Statistics or Biostatistics with a minimum of 60% marks
- Students who do not meet the pre-requisite requirements for admission are required to study deficiency courses recommended by the departmental committee
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
Chairperson & Assistant Professor
PhD (Case Western Reserve University, USA)
MPhil (GC University, Lahore)
MSc (GC University, Lahore)
Room # 438, Armacost Science Building
PhD (University of Surrey, UK)
MSc (University of Punjab)
Room # 437, Armacost Science Building
PhD in Statistics (NCBA&E)
MPhil, MSc (QAU, Islamabad)
Room # 418, Armacost Science Building
|Freshmen Students Postgraduate Fee Structure 2020-21|
|Program||2020FA||2021SP||Total Fee per Year Excluding tax||Total Fee per Year Including tax|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|
- Merit Scholarship (75% tuition fee waiver) available
- Limited Teaching Assistantships (50% tuition fee waiver) available
- PEEF Scholarships available for eligible students
|A||Admissions Begin||June 1, 2020|
|B||Last Date for Submission of Form||August 13, 2020|
(For all the updates check university website)
|E||Merit List||Subject to University Opening|
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||Subject to University Opening|
|G||Classes Begin||October 26, 2020|
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 test and interview dates can be decided subject to university opening.
1. An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
2. In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
3. An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
4. In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
5. A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
6. Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and / or 2-year Conventional Masters degree
7. FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
8. Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
9. Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
10. Two reference letters
11. Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
12. Two recent passport-sized photographs
13. One copy each of the student’s CNIC and of the father/guardian
14. Receipt of the application processing fee (Rs. 3000)
Attach all the required documents including the receipt of the application processing fee Rs 3000 to the Admission form. Students must submit admission applications online and through TCS also on Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600.
In case of any query, contact firstname.lastname@example.org