The MPhil English is a two-year evening program, aimed both at students continuing their education as well as in-service practitioners who want to upgrade their qualification. As an evening program, many current teachers will be able to benefit from it. The program has a number of objectives. It will advance the level of English communication and fluency skills within Pakistan and develop well-groomed leadership for research and publication in English. It will improve philological and pedagogical practices in English in the country and enhance ethical values by ensuring original work in the field. It will emphasize the importance of English language and literature through both local and global interactions. MPhil English graduates will be equipped with analytical and critical research approaches to face the challenges of today’s world. The program will carry on FCCU’s rich legacy of research and quality teaching.
A 4-year Bachelor’s degree from any HEC-recognized university majoring in English Literature with a minimum of 2.0 CGPA.
A conventional MA in English with a minimum of 45% marks.
Acceptance is based upon the 1) Departmental test, 2) Interview, and 3) An overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates..
||July 01, 2023
||Last Date for Submission of Form
||August 04, 2023
||Date: August 08, 2023
||Date: August 11, 2023
||August 15, 2023
||Last Date for Fee Submission
||August 22, 2023
||September 11, 2023
- Attested copy of the original Matriculation / O Level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable).
- In case of the O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed. They should include English, Mathematics and 3 compulsory subjects (Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu).
- Attested copy of the original Intermediate / A Level / High School / IB result (web downloaded results are not acceptable).
- In case of the A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed.
- Attested copy of the O and A Level, High School or IB Equivalence Certificate (whichever applicable) issued by the IBCC.
- Attested copies of the final transcript and degree of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelor’s and 2-year Conventional Master’s.
- In case you have not received your degree yet, you are required to apply for it.
- Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of Admission Form submission. If offered admission, it will be a provisional offer; they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester.
- Students having a foreign Bachelor’s Degree must get their Equivalence from the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Two Reference Letters.
- Statement of Purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College (A Chartered University).
- One recent passport-sized photograph.
- One copy each of the Student’s CNIC and of the Father/Guardian.
- Receipt of the Application Processing Fee (Rs. 3500).
Note: All documents submitted must be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
Payment Modes for Admission Processing Fee
- Please click here for instructions on how to pay your Application Processing Fee over the counter in HBL, UBL, Meezan & Allied Bank.
- Please click here for instructions on how to pay your Application Processing Fee through HBL, Meezan Bank & UBL Mobile App & Internet Banking.
- Please click here to pay the Application Processing Fee online.
In case you are not located in Lahore, you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through Courier. You would need to make a Pay Order of Rs. 3500 from any Branch of HBL in the name of ‘Forman Christian College’. Then send us the Courier at ‘Admissions Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600’.
In case of any query, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
for sample paper.
for the list of shortlisted candidates for the Interviews for Round 1 of admissions.
- Research along with profound insight into modern and contemporary literary theory and criticism is the forte of FCCU’s MPhil English program
- The courses which we offer are unique and usually not offered in other institutions
- We conduct symposia, one day conferences, where students present their research papers and articles
- English Department publishes its own literary journal – JELLS
- Our students are encouraged to participate in interuniversity, national and international conferences
- FCCU can also proudly claim that it has hosted first Interdisciplinary Humanities Conference in October 2017