MS Computer Science
The MS in Computer Science is an evening program and is in compliance with the guidelines of HEC. It is a 2-year program comprising 4 semesters. It is aimed at preparing students not only for employment in the industry through its state-of-the-art courses, but also for academia and the pursuit of a doctoral degree through its research orientation.
Specializations offered in this program are:
- Computational Imaging and Vision
- Data Science
- Information Sciences and Technology
- Intelligent Systems
- Software Engineering
The mission of MS Computer Science program seeks to inculcate in-depth and state-of-art knowledge of Computer Science, its applications, and implementation to students in order to prepare them as top-tier performers in industry, academia, and research.
PEO1: In-Depth Knowledge
Graduates will use specialized knowledge to competently enhance, transfer and utilize
advanced technologies and applications related to their field.
Graduates will conduct their research and other academic activities in a professional manner
taking due account of the ethical dimension of their conduct.
Graduates will be effective as members/leaders of inclusive and multi-disciplinary teams,
communicating effectively, and engaging with society for creative problem-solving.
PEO4: Continuous Improvement
Graduates will be acquiring new knowledge professionally and/or academically.
PEO5: Research Readiness
Graduates will be able to investigate problems in different problem domains and creatively
develop and test computational solutions.
|Program Learning Outcomes|
|PLO 1||Academic Education|
|Completion of a recognized program of study designed to prepare graduates as computing professionals and researchers.|
|PLO 2||Advanced Knowledge|
|Contribute new knowledge or evaluate existing knowledge based on the principles and theories of computer science and related disciplines|
|PLO 3||Research and Integration|
|Perform research, discovery, and integration by applying advanced knowledge of computer science to solve current and emerging problems in computer science and related disciplines|
|PLO 4||Individual and Teamwork|
|Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi -disciplinary settings|
|Communicate effectively with the computing community and with society at large about complex computing activities|
|PLO 6||Professional Ethics|
|Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on ethical and legal principles rooted in service to the community.|
|PLO 7||Lifelong Learning|
|Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning to stay relevant as the field of computer science rapidly evolves|
- A 4-year BS (Hons) degree (CS/SE/IT).
- Computer Science Conversion Course 2-year degree referred to as “MCS” or “MSc (CS/SE/IT)”.
- 16-year Science and Engineering graduates are eligible to apply but they have to cover deficiency.
- All degrees must have been obtained from HEC-recognized local/foreign institutions.
- Minimum CGPA of 2.0 or a 1st division (60% marks) in the last awarded degree.
Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview, and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
Admission Timeline (Round 2)
|A||Admissions Begin||November 1, 2022|
Date: January 31, 2023
Date: February 02, 2023
|D||Merit List||February 06, 2023|
|E||Last Date for Fee Submission||February 10, 2023|
|F||Classes Begin||February 13, 2023|
Admission Timeline (Round 1)
|A||Admissions Begin||November 1, 2022|
|B||Last Date for Submission of Form||January 16, 2023|
Date: January 23, 2023
Date: January 26, 2023
|E||Merit List||February 01, 2023|
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||February 07, 2023|
|G||Classes Begin||February 13, 2023|
1. An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
2. In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
3. An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
4. In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
5. A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
6. Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and / or 2-year Conventional Masters degree
7. FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
8. Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
9. Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
10. Two reference letters
11. Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
12. Two recent passport-sized photographs
13. One copy each of the student’s CNIC and of the father/guardian
14. Receipt of the application processing fee (Rs. 3500)
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee over the counter in HBL, UBL and Meezan Bank
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee through HBL, Meezan Bank & UBL Mobile App & Internet Banking
In case you are not located in Lahore then you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through Courier. You would need to make a Pay Order of Rs. 3500 from any Branch of HBL in the name of Forman Christian College. Then send us the Courier at Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600
In case of any query, contact firstname.lastname@example.org