The Department of Computer Science currently offers one of the best BS (Hons) programs in the region. The program is accredited by NCEAC (National Computing Education Accreditation Council) of HEC with the highest ranking of ‘W’. Following the success of the 4-year BS Computer Science program, an important step forward was taken by launching an MS Program in Computer Science. The Department is housed in the Armacost Science Building and has five computing labs equipped with modern facilities like desktop computers, printers, multimedia, LAN and Wi-Fi Internet access. The Department has an active Computing Society and ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) Chapter.
The MS in Computer Science is an evening program and is in compliance with the guidelines of HEC. It is a 2-year program of 4 semesters comprising 30 credit hours (24 credits of coursework and 6 credits of thesis). It is aimed at preparing students not only for employment in the industry through its state-of-the-art courses, but also for academia and the pursuit of a doctoral degree through its research orientation. Specializations offered in this program (depending on availability of faculty and sufficient number of candidates) are Software Engineering, Data Science, Intelligent Systems, Computational Imaging and Vision, and Information Sciences and Technology.
- A 4-year BS (Hons) degree (CS / SE / IT)
- Computer Science Conversion Course 2-year Degree referred to as “MCS” or “MSc (CS / SE / IT)”
- BCS 3-year Degree-Student will be required to complete the deficiency of difference of total earned credit hours and complete 130 credit hours
- 16-year Science and Engineering graduates are eligible to apply but they have to cover deficiency
- All degrees must have been obtained from HEC recognized local / foreign institutions
- Minimum CGPA of 2.50 or a 1st division (60% marks) in the last awarded degree
- In case of the BS (Hons) degree, 130 credit hours should be completed
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
Chairperson & Professor
PhD Software Engineering (NUST, Islamabad)
Room # 303, Armacost Science Building
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA) MSc Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
PhD Software Security Maintenance (The Open University, UK) MS Software Engineering (Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
PhD Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS Computer Science (Université de Paris (SUD-XI), France) MS (IT) (Hamdard University, Karachi)
PhD Computer Science (University of Central Florida, USA)
MS Computer Engineering (LUMS, Lahore)
PhD Computer Science (Warwick University, UK)
Room # 401, Armacost Science Building
PhD Computer Software Engineering (National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad)
MS Computer Software Engineering (National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad)
MSc Software Engineering (BTH, Karlskrona, Sweden) MCS (University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi)
MSc Media Informatics in Human Computer Interaction (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
NOTE: If you are located in Lahore please visit the Admissions Office to collect your admit slip. If you are located in another city, you need to visit the Admissions Office an hour before the test.
DO NOT FORGET TO BRING 2 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPHS.
|A||Admissions Begin||June 1, 2020|
|B||Last Date for Submission of Form||October 16, 2020|
Date: Oct. 20, 2020
Date: Oct. 22, 2020
(For all the updates check university website)
|F||Last Date for Fee Submission||TBD|
|G||Classes Begin||October 26, 2020|
1. An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
2. In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
3. An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
4. In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
5. A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
6. Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and / or 2-year Conventional Masters degree
7. FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
8. Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
9. Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
10. Two reference letters
11. Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
12. Two recent passport-sized photographs
13. One copy each of the student’s CNIC and of the father/guardian
14. Receipt of the application processing fee (Rs. 3000)
Submit the challan form, printed application and all the required documents online and in the Admission Office, FC College, Lahore by September 30, 2020.
In case you are not located in Lahore then you can send us the Admission Form along with all the required documents through Courier. You would need to make a Pay Order of Rs. 3000 from any above mentioned Banks in the name of Forman Christian College. Then send us the Courier at the Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by September 30, 2020.
Collect the ADMIT SLIP for the entrance test from the Admission Office, FC College, Lahore.
In case of any query, contact email@example.com