The Department of Psychology is very excited to offer the professional MS Program in Clinical Psychology, admitting its inaugural class in Fall of 2018. The duration of the MS in Clinical Psychology is two years and is a full-time program, five days a week. The MS in Clinical Psychology program comprises of 40 credit hours of mandatory course work, a research thesis for 6 credits and minimum 840 supervised hours of clinical placement. Classes are conducted interactively, and the total learning experience includes a mix of lectures, discussions, tutorials, group projects, individual presentations, demonstrations, role plays as well as writing psychological assessment and clinical case reports based on their placements. Students will do a supervised clinical placement in psychiatry departments of hospitals and/or special education facilities.
Requirements for Award of Degree
- MS in clinical Psychology is a full time professional training program.
- The total duration of MS in clinical psychology program will span over 24 months, that is, 4 semesters.
- There will be two semesters in a year, that is, Fall and Spring.
- Minimum 75% attendance is mandatory for appearing in examinations for all semesters.
- For award of M.S degree, candidates will be required to complete 40 credit hours of coursework. Trainees will be required to go for placements consisting of 840 credit hours along with a minimum of 6 credit hours for research work/thesis.
Four-year BS (Hons) degree from an HEC recognized university in the discipline of applied or general Psychology, with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA and 130 credit hours.*
Conventional MSc in applied or general Psychology with a minimum of 60% marks.*
Acceptance is based upon the following:
The Entry test would be from five areas in Psychology (Abnormal, Clinical, statistics, Research Methods, and Psychological Assessment).
*Note: Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
- One of the best Clinical faculty on board. Most of the faculty members have a sound clinical experience of working in professional clinical settings nationally and internationally.
- Fully equipped Psychological Assessment Resource Center which including, intelligence tests, aptitude tests, personality tests screening and diagnostic tests and neuropsychological assessment instruments
- Well equipped psychology lab that has a number of varied apparatuses to conduct experiments to enhance student learning
- Student teacher interaction is welcomed and encouraged in and outside classes that help the students to develop good relationships and also understand the role of boundaries in a relationship. Moreover, it helps them to hone their communication skills
- English language is used with the students at all times to enhance their level of English proficiency
- Ewing Memorial Library at Forman is well stocked with latest books, journals, and periodicals of Psychology
- Assess to electronic data basis,
- Many classrooms are smart classrooms that are equipped with multimedia and smart screens
- Rigorous clinical teaching and training to assess, diagnose, plan and implement clinical intervention. They also learn to write assessment and clinical reports
- Clinical placements at some teaching hospitals and the trainees would be supervised by experienced Clinical Psychologists
- The students get rigorous training in research too. The students also learn to write research academically, analyze the data, report the findings in an empirically manner and above all uphold academic integrity
- Ongoing workshops and seminars by some experts from the field of Clinical psychology to refresh or upgrade the knowledge of the students are regularly conducted.
- Clinical case conferences on regular basis would be held so that students learn from the experience of others and also learn to give positive feedback
- For the personal growth of the students “Growth Groups” are done
- A student body by the title of Armacost Psychological Society is in place to help students hone their leadership skills and also to learn to manage events under pressure
- Ten full-time faculty members with primary appointments in Psychology; eight of them have extensive clinical backgrounds.
- A Psychological Assessment Center is equipped with personality, intelligence, diagnostic and neurological tests.
- A Psychology Lab for students to do their own experiments.
- 840 hours of supervised clinical training.
- Clinical training in administering, scoring, interpreting and reporting psychological tests, as well as in clinical report writing.
- Training in diagnosing disorders, differential diagnosis, and intervention.
- Hands-on training in making management plans for clients/patients.
- Training in professional ethics and international clinical practice standards.
- Numerous opportunities for personal growth.
1. An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
2. In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
3. An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
4. In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
5. A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
6. Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and / or 2-year Conventional Masters degree
7. FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
8. Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
9. Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
10. Two reference letters
11. Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
12. Two recent passport-sized photographs
13. One copy each of the student’s CNIC and of the father/guardian
14. Receipt of the application processing fee (Rs. 3500)
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee over the counter in HBL, UBL and Meezan Bank
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee through HBL, Meezan Bank & UBL Mobile App & Internet Banking
Students have to submit admission application online and through TCS also on Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by February 12, 2021.
In case of any query, contact firstname.lastname@example.org