MPhil Chemistry is a two year degree program. The first year is dedicated to coursework. In the second year, students conduct research under the supervision of a faculty member of the department. A full year of research activities plays a crucial role in training and preparing the students for further learning, or to pursue a career.
A 4-year BS (Hons) degree from an HEC recognized University in the discipline of Chemistry or a related field with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA and 130 credit hours
A Conventional MSc in Chemistry or a related field with a minimum of 60% marks
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency.
Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
- The Department of Chemistry has state-of-the-art facilities available for research in several significant areas, including natural products, organic synthesis, organometallics, nano and composite materials, and pharmaceutical chemistry. It also provides opportunities for students to work on projects funded by organizations like Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) and HEC. The Department of Chemistry has three dedicated large teaching labs, one equipment and research lab and seven postgraduate research labs.
Most of the faculty members are Higher Education Commission (HEC) approved PhD supervisors. They are meticulous teachers and active researchers. The Chemistry Department makes efforts to prepare its students to play a productive role in different capacities, such as educators, technical entrepreneurs, researchers, and chemists. It also lays a strong foundation for students who plan their further education in Pakistan or abroad.
Click here to find out about the Department of Chemistry’s Research Facilities and Patents
Click here to find out about the Department of Chemistry’s Funded Research Projects
Click here to find out about the Department of Chemistry’s Workshops/Conferences Organized
||January 12, 2022
||Last Date for Submission of Form
||February 18, 2022
Date: February 22, 2022
Time: 10:00 am
Date: February 22, 2022
(For all the updates check university website)
Time: 12:30 pm
||February 28, 2022
||Last Date for Fee Submission
||March 4, 2022
||March 7, 2022
1. An attested copy of the original Matriculation / O level result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
2. In case of O Level, a minimum of 8 subjects must have been passed
3. An attested copy of the original Intermediate / A level / High School result (web downloaded results are not acceptable)
4. In case of A Level, a minimum of 3 subjects must have been passed
5. A and O Level and American High School Students have to submit a copy of their Equivalence Certificate (Attested and stamped from IBCC)
6. Attested copies of the final transcript of 4-year Honors / 2-year Conventional Bachelors and / or 2-year Conventional Masters degree
7. FCCU students need to attach the attested copy of their official Baccalaureate transcript
8. Students can submit their Transcript at least till the 7th semester at the time of form submission. If offered admission they must submit an attested copy of their complete official Transcript within 30 days of the beginning of the semester
9. Students having a foreign Bachelors Degree must get their Equivalence from HEC
10. Two reference letters
11. Statement of purpose (300 – 500 words) describing the reason(s) why the student is applying to the program, long-term goals and the reason(s) for selecting Forman Christian College
12. Two recent passport-sized photographs
13. One copy each of the student’s CNIC and of the father/guardian
14. Receipt of the application processing fee (Rs. 3500)
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee over the counter in HBL, UBL and Meezan Bank
Please click here for instructions on how to pay your admission processing fee through HBL or Meezan Bank Mobile App
Students have to submit admission applications online and through TCS also on Admission Office, Ahmad Saeed Administration Building, Forman Christian College, Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 by September 10, 2021.
In case of any query, contact email@example.com