Excellence Through Learning
Kauser Abdulla Malik School of Life Sciences began as the Department of Biological Sciences in 1870. A long line of distinguished professors – including Dr. Saithi, Dr. Purio, Dr. HK Bhatti and Dr. KK Bell – have made significant contributions to the Department and the field of Biological Sciences, in general. The last few years have been busy and productive for the department. At the undergraduate level, 4-year degrees in Biology and Biotechnology were established. Also, cross-disciplinary degrees in Bioinformatics and Environmental Sciences were initiated.
The well qualified and experienced faculty is involved in various research programs involving both graduate and undergraduate students. The department has nine dedicated, six teaching laboratories as well as state-of-the-art equipment.