United Nations Pakistan is currently looking to hire “Intern Baluchistan SDGs”
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Total Position: 2
Job Type: Internship (First Shift (Day)
Job Province: Baluchistan
Job Location: Quetta
Gender: UNDP provides equal opportunity to all qualified female & male including the physically challenged candidates.
Age: 17 – 30 Years
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Degree Title: International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related field;
Career Level: Intern/Student
Minimum Experience: Fresh (Currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate program or recent graduate. Must have completed a university degree no more than one year ago)
Posted On: Tuesday, Jul 30, 2019
For the implementation of UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, localization of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals is critical to its effective implementation in Pakistan, especially in the context of 18th Constitutional Amendment. For sub-national implementation of the Agenda 2030, UNDP partnered with the Government of Pakistan to establish a National Initiative on SDGs – a project intended to develop and strengthen the planning and regulatory environment required to achieve SDGs. Under the project, SDG Support Units have been established in all four provincial governments’ planning institutions and the federal planning ministry to facilitate the process of SDG localization and their achievement by 2030. These Units function as a government resource platform for all policy and technical support on SDGs.
UNDP is hiring two interns for the Baluchistan SDG Support Unit to provide programmatic support in the implementation of project activities. The intern will be reporting to the Project Manager and work in close collaboration with the team of SDG Unit.
Functions/Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide research support in areas related to policy design and reporting of SDGs
- Provide administrative program support in key activities of project
- Provide support on the development of relevant communications materials
- Develop minutes of meetings and presentations
- Contribute to creation of project information material
- Provide support (logistical and technical) in the arrangement of workshops and consultative events
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Impact of Results
The key results will have an impact on the quality of projects’ performance and success in implementation of broader strategies.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Respect the core values of UNDP
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
Education: Graduate/postgraduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related field. Applicants to the UNDP internship program must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a graduate degree
- c) Have graduated with a university degree (Graduate/postgraduate) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Language Requirements: The candidate must be fluent in English and Urdu, having both written and speaking skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Duration: 8-10 weeks
Please Note: Those candidates who have already applied for the same position, should not apply again.
Candidates who get selected for internship at UNDP shall be required to provide the following prerequisite documents:
- Proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship
- Letter from the candidate’s university confirming current enrollment and graduation date, if applicable
- Copy of the candidate’s transcript
Note: A person who is the child or sibling of an UNDP staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at UNDP.
UNDP provides Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA).
UNDP has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment (SH) and Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (SEA)
United Nations Development Program (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicant’s bank accounts.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, August 7, 2019
How to apply:
Click here to apply online.