Excellence Through Learning
The Health and Physical Education Department at FCCU provides a range of sports activities to students for the total development of their personality. It focuses on the following areas, which contribute and are indispensable for growth and strength of sports in the University:
- Sports culture
- Competition opportunities and organization
- Facilities and equipment
- Scientific support
FCCU has a very comprehensive sports program. Its sports facilities include an 8-lane standard 400m grass track and a short course; 25m swimming pool, five tennis courts and playing field for cricket, football, hockey and handball. The Lucas Center has a well-equipped gymnasium, table tennis hall, basketball and badminton courts and offices for sports faculty and staff. Intramural competitions in the above mentioned sports take place all year round. Deserving sportsmen are awarded Medals of Distinction, College Colors and Certificate of Merit.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate during play the rules and regulations by which various games/sports are played
- Demonstrate skills in sports and athletics
- Apply the techniques and skills needed to pursue positions in both school-based and commercial settings
- Demonstrate ethical sportsmanship while competing in individual and team sports
- The Department of Health and Physical Education is a part of the Faculty of Education.