The Department of Computer Science organized a Webinar on the topic “Software Quality Assurance, Standards, and Teaching” on Jul 21, 2021. Prof. Dr. Claude Laporte was the keynote speaker. Currently, he is a Professor at the École de technologie supérieure (ETS)- an engineering school of the Université du Québec network of institutions. He has provided his services at the Royal Military College (Saint-Jean), a Military university of the Department of National Defence. He led the development of a graduate program in software engineering for the Department of National Defence. He participates, as an Affiliate of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), to the project “Improving Processes for Small Settings”. He co-founded and chaired the Montréal Software Process Improvement Network (SPIN). He is a life member of the IEEE Computer Society (IEEE), the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), and the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- The Deaf Reach Foundation and CS department are working together on the project “Sunno”. Deaf Reach will provide the data while the students will provide technical skills. This partnership is bound to open more avenues and possible project to bridge communication gap between various segments of the society.
- MOU signing ceremony has been conducted between MindStorm Studios and FCCU in December 2021 to strengthen the industry-academia linkages. This will promote and polish game development talent in Pakistan.
- MOU signing ceremony has been conducted between DICE Analytics and DCS/FCC in March 2020. This will help in professional skill development, internship opportunities, and employability of our students.
- Dice Analytics (Pvt.) Ltd. has joined hands with Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB) to deliver trainings duly sponsored by PSEB for ICT Students, IT Industry professionals (Private Sector) and IT Working professionals in Public sector IT Organizations & departments. In this context, few faculty members attended the trainings on Blockchain technology and updated their knowledge in this domain.
- The Pakistan Blockchain Institute (PBI) has a significant role in providing the awareness, research & implementation of Blockchain Technology. The Pakistan Blockchain Institute and FCCU signed the MOU to provide the internship opportunities to students. Also, Both parties will conduct free / paid / commercial online and onsite training for various technologies and human resource development on mutually agreed terms.
- DCS has collaboration with the Huawei ICT Academy KICS-UET. KICS-UET conducted a training workshop on networking tools February, 2021