Academic Support Staff
Last date of application: Friday, March 17, 2023
Reports to: Principal Investigator (Dr. Shinho Chung)
Supervising responsibility: Dr. Shinho Chung
Minimum Education and Experience:
- M.Phil/MS (18 years equivalent education) in Analytical Chemistry degree from HEC recognized university AND minimum 1 year experience (after graduation) in a research lab working with sophisticated lab equipment such as but not limited to ICP, AAS, HPLC, IC etc.
- BS Hons (16 years equivalent education) in Chemistry AND minimum 4-year experience (after graduation) in a research lab working with sophisticated lab equipment such as but not limited to ICP, AAS, HPLC, IC etc.
- ability to conduct instrumental analyses independently to produce accurate/reliable/ reproducible results
- ability for operation/maintenance/trouble shooting of ICP, AAS, HPLC, IC
- ability to conduct data analysis with statistical software and its interpretation
- ability to give training for juniors
Advantage: who has more analytical experience in water-related research work
To produce reliable analytical results for a project “Scientific and sustainable application of groundwater treatment technology for safe drinking water supply in Punjab, Pakistan” and to work under the supervision of Dr. Shinho Chung as well as Co-PI (Dr. Shazia Ilyas), a senior researcher (Dr. Sohaib Aslam)
To analyze water samples using ICP, AAS, HPLC or IC
To conduct statistical data analysis to make a result report and to help juniors in extracting and interpreting data
To keep lab equipment functional and assist research associates and assistants in appropriate usage
Working hours: 8 hours a day
- During provisional period 4months: Rs.50,000/month
- After passing the provisional period satisfactorily: Rs.60,000/month
Please submit a cover letter, CV, background information form (available on FCCU’s jobs webpage), and three letters of reference, copies of transcripts & degrees, and experience certificates. All degrees must be from HEC-recognized educational institutions with no 3rd division in the entire academic career. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is necessary to clearly mention the job title in the subject line of the email.
Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates from minority communities, special needs individuals, and/or transgender persons are encouraged to apply.