Dr Tanvir Ahmed
PhD (Development Economics) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
MA (Economics), University of the Punjab, Lahore
Room # 006, Business and Social Sciences Building
Dr Ahmed is HEC Approved PhD Supervisor and has 14 years teaching and research experience in various Pakistani Universities. Serving as Associate Professor in Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) since 2010 and served as Assistant Professor and Lecturer at Government College University, Faisalabad; Consumer Banking Officer at Bank Alfalah Limited; Lecturer and Teaching Assistant at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad. Possesses academic career having distinctions and merit scholarships. Awarded National XIVth Star Award 2003 in the field of Education by South Asia Publications. During his professional career, he has travelled abroad several times to share his research with international scholars and to get trainings from them. Supervised theses of M.Sc. Economics and MPhil Applied Economics students. Published (presented) articles in various international and national journals (conferences). Worked in various research projects funded by national and international agencies.
Research interests: Agricultural Policy, Applied Econometrics, Banking & Finance, Climate Change
- Hedonic pricing of milk at retail level: A case of Faisalabad, Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics. Vol. 27 No. 1 PP 29-39.
- Impact of embodied characteristics and sensory variables on the price of milk at retail level. Forman Journal of Economic Studies. Vol. 12. PP 103-114.
- Determinants of textile firm’s profitability in Pakistan. Forman Journal of Economic Studies. Vol. 11 PP 87- 101.
- Why do farmers burn rice residue? Examining farmers’ choices in Punjab, Pakistan. Land Use Policy. Vol. 47 PP 448-458.
- Sociopolitical institutions and corruption: Does conditionality matter? Forman Journal of Economic Studies. Vol. 11 PP 33-52.
- Energy sources and gross domestic product: International evidence. The Pakistan Development Review. Vol. 53 No. 4 Part-II PP 477-90.
- Burning of crop residue and its potential for electricity generation. The Pakistan Development Review. Vol. 53 No. 3 PP 275-92.
- Strategic thinking on sustainability: challenges and sectoral roles, Environment, Development and Sustainability Vol. 14 No. 1 PP 67-83
- Goat trading: A journey towards marketing concept. International conference on Business, Management and Technology, March 13-15, 2017 Institute of Business & Management, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Local and international trends in goat production. Paper presented in the National Seminar on “Strengthening Production and Marketing of Goat in Pakistan” on March 1, 2017 at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad organized by US Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Agriculture and Food Security and Institute of Business Management Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Determinants of Market Prices of Goat in Selected Markets of Punjab. Paper presented in the National Seminar on “Strengthening Production and Marketing of Goat in Pakistan” on March 1, 2017 at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad organized by US Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Agriculture and Food Security and Institute of Business Management Sciences, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Rice Residue Management and Agricultural Sustainability, paper submitted to International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture in Pakistan, November 17-19, 2016 jointly organized by University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan and University of California, Davis, USA.
- Valuation of Brand and Quality Attributes in the Lubricants Industry, paper presented in the 1st International Conference on Indigenous Resource Management Challenges and Opportunities 2016, April 14-16, 2016 at University of Management Sciences and Information Technology, Kotli, Azad Jammu and Kashmir.
- Role of Energy in the Agricultural Value Addition: Cross Country Analysis. Presented in International Workshop on Renewable Energy Technologies for Community Development in Pakistan, November 4-6, 2015 at University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Valuation of Brand and Marketing System. ICDD Conference on Linkages, Value Chains and Development along the Rural-Urban Interface. January 9-12, 2014, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.
- Burning of Crop Residue and its Potential for Electricity Generation. The 29th Annual General Meeting and Conference, Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Energy Security and Economic Sustainability: The Way Forward. December 19-21, 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Energy Sources and Gross Domestic Product: International Evidence. The 29th Annual General Meeting and Conference, Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Energy Security and Economic Sustainability: The Way Forward. December 19-21, 2013. Islamabad, Pakistan.