Dr Sohaib Aslam
PhD in Environmental Sciences (AgroParisTech, Paris, France)
MPhil in Earth Environmental Sciences with specialization in Soils, Water and Wastes (Aix-Marseille University, France)
On Post Doctoral Fellowship
Has Over 4 years of research and teaching experience; has been working as Principal Investigator on HEC funded Project “Typology of Organic Amendments (OAs) based on their biochemical composition to investigate their decomposition potential and beneficial impact on soil health for agricultural and environmental sustainability in Pakistan”; HEC-NRPU-2014; Cost; 5.3 million PKR.
HEC Approved Supervisor
Research interests: Environmental monitoring, environmental fate of Pollutants, risk assessment modeling, waste management and recycling.
- Masood, S., Saeed, H., Ahmed, D., Perveen, N., Machado, S., Ali, S., Aslam, S., Impact of different land uses on drinking water quality in selected areas of Lahore city. Journal of Water Resources, Accepted.
- Iqbal, A., Aslam, S., Recous, S., Garnier, P., Benoit, P., 2015. Rain regime and soil type affect the C and N dynamics in soil columns that are covered with mixed-species mulche. Plant and Soil, 393 (1), 319-334.
- Aslam, S., Iqbal, A., Deschamps, M., Recous, S., Garnier, P., Benoit, P., 2015. Effect of rain regimes and mulch decomposition on the dissipation and leaching of S-metolachlor and glyphosate: a soil column experiment. Pest management science, 71 (2), 278-291.
- Aslam, S., Benoit, P., Chabauty, F., Bergheaud, V., Geng, C., Vieublé, L., Garnier, P., Modelling the impacts of maize decomposition on glyphosate dynamics in mulch. European Journal of Soil Science, 65, 231-247.
- Aslam, S., Garnier, P., Rumpel, C., Parent, S.E., Benoit, P., 2013. Adsorption and desorption behavior of selected pesticides as influenced by decomposition of maize mulch. Chemosphere 91, 1447-1455.
- Aslam, S., Iqbal, A., Lafolie, F., Recous, S., Benoit, P., Garnier, P., 2016. Does mulch of plant residues at the soil surface impact on leaching and persistence of pesticides? A modeling study from soil columns. Science of the Total Environment, Under Review.
- Iqbal, M.F., Sufyan, M.A., Aziz, M.M., Zahid, I.A., Ghani, Q., Aslam, S., 2009. Efficacy of Nitrogen on green fodder yield and quality of Oat (Avena sativa L.). JAPS, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 19, 82-84.
- Iqbal, M.F., Maqbool, U., Asi, M.R., Aslam, S., 2007. Determination of pesticide residues in brinjal fruit at supervised trial. JAPS, Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 17, 21-23.