Dr Shaista Jabeen has vast experience of working in the field of mental health and intellectual disability in Pakistan before her quest for knowledge brought her to Ireland. While in Ireland she completed a number of professional courses in psychology including CBT, Applied Positive Psychology and Multi Element Behaviour Support for Challenging behaviour. She also got specialized training in the assessments and management of autism and intellectual development disorders. Dr Jabeen has a passion for teaching and has taught in Riphah International University, Lahore before joining FCCU. She had taught in MAO College, Lahore and Philosophy Department Punjab University, Lahore as visiting faculty. Dr Jabeen has conducted various workshops for postgraduate students of psychology and has supervised research work of MPhil students. She has six publications at her credit.
- Happiness – A Psycho-Philosophical Appraisal. Published in Quarterly Journal The Dialogue, July-September 2014, Vol, 9 (3).
- Development of indigenous Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Symptom Checklist (OCDSC) published in Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research (PJPR) in 2010, Vol 25, No. 1.
- Psychosocial Factors and Male Sterilization. Published in Journal of Medical Sciences, Pakistan in 2006, Vol: 22, No.3.
- Five-year Follow up of Heroin Addicts. Published in 2002 in JAIMC Vol. 2 No. 1.
- Four Year Follow up of Heroin Addicts. Published in Specialist: Pakistan journal of Medical Sciences in 1996, Vol, 12 (3).
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- A profile of fifty patients. Published in Specialist, Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences in 1995, Vol. 11, No. 4.