Dr Omer Salman Qureshi has 9 years of professional experience of academia, research and health administration. Dr. Omer Salman Qureshi achieved international scholarship from Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan for MS leading to PhD program in South Korea. He successfully defended his PhD dissertation upon In-vivo Gas Therapeutics. He registered an international patent in anti-cancer nanomedicines in collaboration with his supervisor, Prof. Dr. Jin-Ki Kim, Drug Delivery System (DDS) lab, college of Pharmacy, Hanyang University, South Korea. He has been participating in various conferences and research seminars as invited speaker and oral presenter. He has been serving as Head of Pharmaceutics, Focal person of PhD Pharmaceutics and International Conference organizer in his professional career. He has published over 10 research/review papers in peer-reviewed indexed journals.
- Design and development of nanocarriers for drug delivery
- Nanoparticles as nanocarriers in drug delivery
- Lipid Nanoparticles for poorly water-soluble drugs delivery
- Lipid and polymer based micro- and nano-particulate delivery systems
- Nanocarriers for in vivo gas delivery
- Targeted drug delivery
- Applications of nanocarriers in anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer therapy
- Omer Salman Qureshi, Alam Zeb, Muhammad Akram, Myung-Sic Kim, Jong-Ho Kang, Hoo-Seong Kim, Arshad Majid, Inbo Han, Sun-Young Chang, Ok-Nam Bae, Jin-Ki Kim. Enhanced acute anti-inflammatory effects of CORM-2-loaded nanoparticles via sustained carbon monoxide delivery. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 108: 187–195, 2016. Impact factor: 4.491, ISSN (Print): 0939-6411, ISSN (Electronic): 1873-3441.
- Alam Zeb, Omer Salman Qureshi, Hyung-Seo Kim, Ji-Hye Cha, Hoo-Seong Kim, Jin-Ki Kim. Improved skin permeation of methotrexate via nanosized ultradeformable liposomes. International Journal of Nanomedicine 11: 3813-3824, 2016. Impact factor: 4.370, ISSN (print): 1176-9114, ISSN (electronic): 1178-2013.
- Alam Zeb, Omer S. Qureshi, Hoo-Seong Kim, Myung-Sic Kim, Jong-Ho Kang, Jeong-Sook Park and Jin-Ki Kim. High payload itraconazole-incorporated lipid nanoparticles with modulated release property for oral and parenteral administration. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 69(8): 955-966, 2017. Impact factor:309, ISSN: 2042-7158.
- Omer Salman Qureshi, Hyung-Seo Kim, Alam Zeb, Jin-Seok Choi, Hoo-Seong-Kim, Jung-Eun Kwon, Myung-Sic Kim, Jong-Ho Kang, Chongsuk Ryou, Jeong-Sook Park, Jin-Ki Kim. Sustained release docetaxel-incorporated lipid nanoparticles with improved pharmacokinetics for oral and parenteral administration. Journal of Microencapsulation 34 (3): 250-261, 2017. Impact factor: 1.793, ISSN (print): 0265-2048, ISSN (electronic): 1464-5246.
- Alam Zeb, Omer Salman Qureshi, Chan-Hee Yu, Muhammad Akram, Hyung-Seo Kim, Myung-Sic Kim, Jong-Ho Kang, Arshad Majid, Sun-Young Chang, Ok-Nam Bae, Jin-Ki Kim. Enhanced anti-rheumatic activity of methotrexate-entrapped ultradeformable liposomal gel in adjuvant-induced arthritis rat model. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 525 (1): 92–100, 2017. Impact factor: 3.862, ISSN (print): 0378-5173, ISSN (electronic): 1873-3476.
- Ahmed Shah Syed, Muhammad Akram, Abdullah Dayo, Salman Ahmed, Omer Salman, Mazhar Mustafa Memon. Phytochemical screening and antioxidant activities of methanolic extract and different fractions of cassia angustifolia roots. International Journal of Biology, Pharmacy, and Allied Sciences IJBPAS, August, 2017, 6(8): 1525-1534. Impact factor: 1.022 ISSN: 2277–4998.
- Din FU, Aman W, Ullah I, Qureshi OS, Mustapha O, Shafique S, Zeb A. Effective use of nanocarriers as drug delivery systems for the treatment of selected tumors. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 12: 7291–7309, 2017. Impact factor: 4.370, ISSN (print): 1176-9114, ISSN (electronic): 1178-2013.
- Muhammad Farhan Sohail, Mubashar Rehman, Hafiz Shoaib Sarwar, Sara Naveed, Omer Salman, Nadeem Irfan Bukhari, Irshad Hussain, Thomas J Webster, Gul Shahnaz. Advancements in the oral delivery of Docetaxel: challenges, current state-of-the-art and future trends. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 13: 3145–3161, 2018. Impact factor: 4.370, ISSN (print): 1176-9114, ISSN (electronic): 1178-2013.
- Alam Zeb, Sadia Tabassam Arif, Maimoona Malik, Fawad Ali Shah, Fakhar Ud Din, Omer Salman Qureshi, Eun‑Sun Lee, Gwan‑Yeong Lee, Jin‑Ki Kim. Potential of nanoparticulate carriers for improved drug delivery via skin. Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation. 1-33, 2018. ISSN (print): 2093-5552, ISSN (electronic): 2093-6214.
- Muhammad Sajjad, Muhammad Imran Khan, Sara Naveed, Sana Ijaz, Omer Salman Qureshi, Syed Atif Raza, Gul Shahnaz, Muhammad Farhan Sohail. Folate-Functionalized Thiomeric Nanoparticles for Enhanced Docetaxel Cytotoxicity and Improved Oral Bioavailability. AAPS PharmSciTech. 20-81, 2019. Impact factor: 2.666.370, ISSN (electronic): 1530-9932.
DOI: DOI: 10.1208/s12249-019-1297-z
- Syed Zaki Husain Rizvi, Fawad AliShah, NamrahKhan, Iftikhar Muhammad, Khan Hashim Ali, Muhammad Mohsin Ansari, Fakhar ud Din, Omer Salman Qureshi, Kyoung-Won Kim, Yeong-Hwan Choe, Jin-Ki Kim, Alam Zeb. Simvastatin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for enhanced anti-hyperlipidemic activity in hyperlipidemia animal model. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 560: 136-143, 2019. Impact factor: 3.862, ISSN (print): 0378-5173, ISSN (electronic): 1873-3476.