Registration for the spring semester will open according to the following schedule:
- 18 December 2017 (9:00 am) to 22 December 2017 (9:00 am)
|Monday||18 December 2017||Spring registration for Seniors begins at 9:00 am|
|Tuesday||19 December 2017||Spring registration for Juniors begins at 9:00 am|
|Wednesday||20 December 2017||Spring registration for Sophomores begins at 9:00 am|
|Thursday||21 December 2017||Spring registration for Freshmen begins at 9:00 am|
|Friday||22 December 2017||Spring registration closes at 5:00 pm for all students|
New Registration Restrictions:
- Online Registration is accessible from anywhere in the world during the given time period. Register while the Online Empower Web Module is open
- It is your responsibility to get account holds cleared before Registration or Add/Drop.
- Registration time frame must be strictly followed
- No exceptions will be handled at the Academic office unless approved by the appropriate Dean of Faculty
- Arrange payments as necessary for upcoming semesters that you plan to study
Students can only register for 6 courses or up to 18 credits online
|Departments||Dean||Alternate (when Dean is not on campus)|
|COMP, MATH, STAT, BINF||Dr Ahmad Mahmood Qureshi|
|BIOL, CHEM, ENVR, PHYS||Dr Dildar Ahmed|
|GEOG, SOCL, PLSC, PSYC, HIST, PHIL||Dr Sikandar Hayat|
|URDU, MCOM, ENGL, ISLM, CRST||Dr Nukhbah Langah|
|EDUC, HPED||Dr. Cosrow Dubash|
|BUSN , ECON||Dr Maj Gen. Noel I Khokar|
Overloading Courses in a Semester
- 3rd Lab Course
Students of any major programs that require multiple lab courses at one time do not need authorization for the 18th credit and can get their last course registered through the Academic Office directly. A form is available online to process this.
- 6th Course up to 18 credits
In a normal course of study, students register for 5 courses, or up to a maximum of 17 credits online. They can however take a sixth course with permission from the respective Dean of Faculty if their CGPA is 3.00 or above or if they require the course to graduate (seniors). This approval does not alter the credit hour rate which is consistent up to 18 credits.
- 6th Course over 18 credits
A student (outside of a major requiring 3 lab courses) desiring a sixth course-(18 credit hours or more) must obtain the approval of their Advisor as well as the respective Dean of Faculty. Such approval is based on a current CGPA of 3.00 or better. Fill out the box in the Seat Exception/ Course Overload Form
Sometimes, because of popular demand, seats become full in courses desired by a student. However, there is a process to enter such a class if it is absolutely necessary for the student to do so in the current term. This decision is at the discretion of the Instructor and department Chair in whose course the seat is sought.
When seeking a seat in a course that is already full:
- Print the Seat Exception/Course Overload Form from the website
- Obtain written permission on the form from the Instructor whose course is required.
- The Instructor will determine if the student is a suitable candidate for increasing the seat and grant approval accordingly.
- If a seat is approved, the student must ensure that this course does not conflict in time with other courses registered online.
- The approved form must be ratified by the department Chair.
- Once endorsed by the Chair, the form must be presented to the Academic Office for processing.
It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that the form was processed by checking his/her schedule online. No form with time conflicts will be processed by the Academic Office.
Prior to registration in a course with pre-requisite requirements, the student should have completed the pre-requisite successfully. In the rare event that this has not happened, a student may petition the HOD for waiver of a required pre-req. Approvals endorsed by the Chair in writing can be submitted to the Academic Office for processing within the registration timeframe.
Unofficial Presence in Class
Students are allowed in class only when they are officially registered for it. An instructor confirms official registration by checking the class roster. Students must attend all courses registered for in a particular semester. A student must study in the correct section to earn a grade. Switching sections unofficially is not allowed. An NS will be given to students who have officially registered for one section and then switched to another.
Do keep in mind:
- Drop only if you really have to.
- Dropping a course could result in your not being able to register for it again. The course could get blocked even within a few seconds.
- Add Courses carefully.
- Register carefully so that you don’t have to change unnecessarily.
Registration Help Desk
For any other assistance:
Call us during office hours 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on the following numbers
These numbers will only be available during registration time and during add/drop.
Registration Alternate Venue
If registration does not work at home for you, you have the option of going to General Lab S-320 3rd floor (Block B) as available during registration times.