The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) oversees continuous assessment and institutional research activities that are done throughout university. QEC meets the specifications of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. The Cell supervises and facilitates quality assurance activities of academic departments. Through surveys and other social science research techniques the Cell focuses on important questions that the university uses as it makes strategic decisions about program improvement and resource allocation.
The QEC aids the institution to make excellent decisions. The Cell helps answer questions like:
- Who will succeed in our program(s) (so we can admit those students)?
- Are our students learning what we claim they are?
- How do our students fare in the marketplace and in higher studies after graduating from FCCU?
These questions are merely to illustrate what we research; we research much more than just these areas. We facilitate faculty, staff, and other administrators in making data-informed decisions.
The Head of Department at the QEC supervises the Assessment and Institutional Research activities, as well as ensures communicating accurate, timely, transparent, and understandable reports, to internal and external audiences with the goal of promoting informed decision making, aligning them with the core mission of the institution and promoting quality in higher education at FCCU.
“The vision of QEC is to be the market leader in developing different frameworks for managing, analyzing and benchmarking educational institutions in Pakistan and to continuously delve in the activities which promote Quality in Higher Education and lead to the development of the country.”
All the Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning activities will be focused on supporting the core mission of FCCU, i.e. “To impart, create and disseminate knowledge to develop informed, ethical and responsible citizens, who are prepared to learn, lead and serve, who live by the college motto “By Love Serve One Another”.
“The QEC will be the official source of collecting, incorporating, and analyzing institutional, as well as external data to support the Institution in making data-informed decisions and planning.”
Our core functions include:
- Promoting public confidence in enhancing and safeguarding the quality and standards of the ‘award of degrees’.
- Serve as a central warehouse for institutional data.
- Collect, record and maintain institutional data and provide reliable and timely information for internal and external reporting and to support analyses.
- Provide a wide range of information and analysis to support decision making, assessment, planning and policy making for the administration, academic departments and committees of FCCU and respond to other ad-hoc reports or data requests.
- Work together with Academics and support departments of the institution on analytical and assessment projects.
- Coordinate with different departments on campus to submit data to government or non-government agencies.
- Respond to Higher Education Commission, Punjab HEC and other authorities’ data requests for the university ranking and other ad-hoc information.
- Provide analytical services to the Board of Governors/ Directors, the Rector and the Vice Rector to monitor institutional performance.
- Prepare, collect, analyze and report the survey results to the administration of FCCU.
- Communicate and assist departments of the institution to improve their processes from the results of the survey reports, assessment reports and analysis reports.
- Make institutional data information flow smoothly to better serve the community at large.
- Maintain strong contacts with all departments in order to find out current and future data needs.
- Maintain a calendar for freeze dates for data collection, reporting deadlines of survey results, assessment reports and analysis reports and any other projects.
- Develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained through “Self-Assessment Reports” and “Institutional Performance Evaluation” as laid by HEC.
- Ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally and internationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
QEC’s Work Cycle:
Amoon Jawaid Austin
HEAD OF QUALITY ENHANCEMENT CELL
Click here to meet our whole team.