There has been a high demand among the general public as well as the outgoing students of BA (Hons) program at FCCU to initiate an MPhil program to meet the growing need of Urdu teachers in the country. The inauguration of MPhil in the Department of Urdu will push us in the direction to meet the vision of a research University. The MPhil program introduces more advanced and innovative courses based on a vast understanding of arts, culture and literature. The program contains a vast number of emerging courses including Literary Theory, Translation Studies, Literature of Minorities, Comparative Literature and Literary Services of Orientals in Urdu etc. The MPhil Urdu program is an evening program,
so that graduates of Urdu holding jobs may be benefited along with fresh graduates.
A 4-year BA (Hons) degree from an HEC recognized University in the discipline of Urdu with a minimum of 2.5 CGPA and 130 credit hours
A Conventional MA in Urdu with a minimum of 45% marks NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement and the statement of purpose Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
Resources Salient Features
● Focus on research and critical theory
● To produce skilled teachers, researchers, translators, creative writers and specialists of Urdu Language and Literature
● New Courses have been introduced to explore new horizons of research in Urdu
● Courses offered like Literature of Minorities, Literary Services of Orientals in Urdu, Literary Theory, Translation Theories and Creative Writing and Comparative Literature will be taught for the first time in any University in Pakistan
● All Faculty holding PhD Degrees
(List of faculty members)
click here for the fee structure
● PEEF Scholarships available for eligible students
Your Content Goes Here