Access to safe, wholesome and nutritious food is a fundamental human right. Nevertheless, food systems in developing countries continue to be stressed due to lack of capacity to deal with pre- and post-harvest losses. This combined with increase in population, migration, urbanization, lack of resources and problems of environmental and food hygiene adversely affect quality and safety of food supplies in most parts of Pakistan.
FCCU’s resources and cross-disciplinary expertise in the fields of Food Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry and Business make it an ideal institution to offer an MPhil program in Food Safety and Quality Management (FSQM) to cater to the needs of the food industry, government sector, regulatory bodies and other sectors including new businesses.
● A 4-year BS (Hons) degree or equivalent from an HEC recognized university in any of the life sciences including: Food Technology, Agriculture and Nutrition Sciences, Biosciences, Biotechnology, Biochemistry and DVM
● Minimum CGPA of 2.50 or a 1st division (60% marks) in the last awarded degree
● In case of the BS (Hons) degree, 130 credit hours should be completed
NOTE: Acceptance is based upon the 1) departmental test, 2) interview and 3) an overall evaluation of the candidate, including: academic achievement, statement of purpose and English language proficiency. Provisional admission can be sought by students awaiting final results. Their admission will only be confirmed once they have submitted their complete official Transcript within the due dates.
● As an evening program, MPhil Food Safety and Quality Management allows in-serviceprofessionals to benefit from this cross-disciplinary degree
● Our partner organization, PCSIR Laboratories Lahore, is one of the largest government laboratories in Pakistan. FCCU’s MoU with PCSIR Laboratories Lahore, means that PCSIR’s expertise can also be used by students to help with research and internships
● Collaboration with national institutes
● Research being offered in vast domains of food safety issues, current and future safety challenges, supply chain management, food quality guidelines and regulatory frameworks
● State-of-the-art Laboratory facilities
● The Courses offered are in accord with the international curriculum
● All Faculty holding PhD Degrees Research Collaborations
● Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR) Laboratories Complex, Lahore
(List of faculty members)
Your Content Goes Here