Dr Shehzadi Zamurrad Awan is Assistant Professor at Department of Political Science. She has an extensive experience of thirteen years in academics. She frequently writes in English newspapers and magazines over a range of socio-political issues, particularly dealing with gender problems. Dr Awan has eight HEC-recognized research articles (published in five national and three international journals) to her credit. Dr Awan has actively participated in eight International conferences. In this year, her significant achievement was to lead a student team as a leader, for ten days research in Library of Congress, Washington, DC. Dr Awan now serves as the managing editor of FCU’s “Forman Journal of Social Sciences.”
- Research Articles in International Journals
- Spring 2016- “Shanghai Cooperation as a Platform for Regional Understanding: Its Economic, Political and Security Potential”, Perceptions: Journal of International Affairs (Centre for Strategic Research), Turkey. (Co-Author), Vol.XXI, No.01: 83-100
- 2016- “Relevance of Education for Women’s Empowerment in Punjab, Pakistan”, Journal of International Women’s Studies-JIWS, (Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA 02325 USA), Vol.18.
- Fall 2014- “A Regional Approach of Nawaz Sharif’s Foreign Policy”, Journal of Asian Politics and History- JAPH , No.05, ISSN 2227-9105: 73-87. (Co-Author)
- Research Articles in National Journals
- Jan- June 2016- “ Impact of Zia-ul-Haq’s Gender Policies on Pakistani Society”, Pakistan Journal of History and Culture, Vol.XXXVII, No.1 (2016), p.21-37.
- Jan-June 2016- “Political Discourse and Socio-Cultural Placement of Pakistani Women 1947-1976: A Historical Perspective”, Journal of the Research Society of Pakistan, (History Department, University of the Punjab), Vol. 53, No.01: 207-221.
- Dec 2012 – “Role of Civil Society in Empowering Pakistani Women”, A Research Journal of South Asian Studies (South Asian Studies, University of the Punjab), Vol. 27, No. 2: 439-458.
- Jan 2011 – “Legislation and its Effectiveness to Manage Women Domestic Abuse in Pakistan”, Pakistan Perspectives (Pakistan Study Center, Karachi University), Vol.16, No.1 :129-139.
- Dec 2010 – “Socio-Economic Structures of the Indian Society and Conditions of Women”, Pakistan Vision (Pakistan Study Center, University of the Punjab, Lahore), Vol. 11, No.2 : 239-260.
- At FCCU:
- Introduction to Political Science
- Pakistan Government-National
- Pakistan Government Provincial –Local
- Government of Developing Countries
- Ancient, Medieval and Modern Political Thought
- Islamic Political Thought
- Women in Politics
- Outside of FCCU
- Human Rights Education: With Special Reference to Pakistan
- Governance and Good Governance: With Special Reference to South Asia Regionalism and Regional Blocs
- 2016 – “Policy Position of Democratic Regimes on Pakistani Women: 1988-2015”, Pakistan Vision (Pakistan Study Center, University of the Punjab, Lahore).
- 2017- “Women Abuse and Violence: A Comparative Study of India and Pakistan”, Gender and Violence, Hyderabad University, India.
- 2017- “ Jirga System in FATA-Pakistan (A Forum to Dispense Justice): Guidance from the Teachings of Ahl al-Bayt” , The Research Center for Islamic Studies in the Humanities at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
Events and Conferences:
- 2018- Nov 06-07- Paper Presentation in international Assistance and Gender: Contributing Security Sector Reform, at International Christian University Tokyo, Japan.
- 2018- Feb 06-07- Paper Presentation inThe International Conference on Future of Women 2018″, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 2017- April-16- paper Presentation in International Conference on Justice and Ethics, Firdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran.
- 2017- March-20-22-Paper Presentation in Oxford Leadership Symposium, Somerville College, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 2017- March-25- Paper Presentation in 34 Punjab Research Group International Conference, Brookes University, Oxford, United Kingdom
- 2016- May-04-05- Paper Presentation in 2nd World Conference on Women Studies -Empowering Future Generation of Women and Girls-Empowering Humanity, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- 2016- Sep 19-20- Presented Paper in 3rd International Conference on Social Sciences 2016, Bali, Indonesia.
- 2015- May 08-09- Presented paper in Scientific Cooperation Workshops on Social Sciences, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2014- August 17-22- Presented paper in Women’s Worlds Congress, University of Hyderabad, India.
- 2017- April-22-23- Paper Presentation in International Conference on Gender, Work and Society-ICGWS 2017, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Pakistan.
- 2015- Presented paper in symposium titled ‘Mediating a Global Citizenship: Humanities and The Role of Pakistani Media’ Departments of Mass Communication and English at Forman Christian College University, Lahore