DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
Ph.D. English Language and Literature (in progress) (University of the Punjab, Lahore)
MPhil English Literature
MA English Literature
Almost 10 years experience in the field of English Language and Literature Teaching and Training in Pakistan; Working at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) as a faculty member; served as visiting faculty member at Lahore College for Women University, University of Gujrat (Lahore Campus); worked as a communications Skills trainer as well; presented at various national and international conferences.
Research interests: Post 9/11 Literature, Contemporary Pakistani Literature, Foucauldian Discourse Analysis.
- Paper Title: War Afflicted Beings: Myth-Ecological Discourse of the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zooby Rajiv Joseph
Publication Details: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment, vol. 9, no.2, 2018, pp. 72-88. http://ecozona.eu/article/view/2306
- Paper Title: Postcolonial Ideoscapes and Mediascapes in Arundhati Roy’s Novel The God of Small Things.
Publication Details: Conference Proceedings of International Conference of Arts and Humanities, Sri Lanka (1st -3rd April, 2014), pp. 318-324. https://tiikm.com/publication/ICOAH_2014_Proceeding_Book.pdf.
- Title: An Expose of Absurd Contemporary Conflicts in the Play: Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo by Rajiv Jospeh” got published in the volume on B/Orders Unbound- Marginality, Ethnicity and Identity in Literatures by Peter Lang Publications, 2017, https://www.peterlang.com/view/9783631718155/xhtml/chapter14.xhtml.
- A book chapter titled “Wilted Spirits Broken at the Cost of Remembrance: Micro and Macro Tragedies in the Novel Kartography by Kamila Shamsie” (In-process)
- Got an article published in ‘Freedom Gate Pakistan’ published by a German Organization Fur Die Freiheit, on the topic “Pakistani Youth’s opinion about War on Terror’, 2011.
- An article in the monthly magazine ‘The Reading Hub’
Paper Presentations at International Conferences
- Paper Title: Posthuman Feminist Cyborg: A Foucauldian Discourse Analysis of Pakistani Animation Series Burqa Avengers (2013)
Conference Details: The 10th Beyond Humanism Conference Wroclaw, Poland (18th-21st July, 2018) Abstract available at p. 62, http://beyondhumanism.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/BeyondHumanWroclaw2018_abstracts-rev2.pdf
- Paper Title: Language in the War-Zone: Power of Translation in the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo (2009) by Rajiv Joseph
Conference Details: The 7th International Conference on Language, Literature and Culture, Romania (25-26 May, 2018), abstract available at p. 94, https://www.academia.edu/35498817/7th_International_Conference_on_Language_Literature_and_Culture_Mapping_Cultural_Identities_Translations_and_Intersections_25-26_May_2018_Bucharest_Romania_http_www.elts.cankaya.edu.tr_.
- Paper Title: Re-Return of the Native: Urdu Poetic Expressions, Metaphors and Imagery in Nadeem Aslam’s Novel The Golden Legend (2017).
Conference Details: International Conference on Pakistani Writing in English (ICPWE), Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan (15-16 Feb, 2018).
- Paper Title: Foucauldian Discourse Analysis of Kamila Shamsie’s Novel A God in Every Stone
Conference Details: Discourse Net, University of Warwick, UK. (13-15th September, 2017).
- Paper Title: Sacred Versus Secular: Religious Discourse in Orhan Pamuk’s Novel Snow
Conference Details: Religion & Society, Imperial College, London on the topic “(17th-18th April, 2017). Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gt5VV3L1w
- Paper Title: Post 9/11 Ghosts: The Revival of Iraqi Muslim Image on the American stage by Rajiv Joseph in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Conference Details: The 3rd International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Bali, Indonesia (22nd-23rd September, 2016). Available at http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/TIIKMConferences-2934302-ms-qurratulaen-liaqat/.
- Paper Title: An Expose of Absurd Contemporary Conflicts in the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo by Rajiv Joseph
Conference Details: International Conference on Language and Literature, Turkey (7-8th May, 2015)
- Paper Title: Postcolonial Ideoscapes and Mediascapes in Arundhati Roy’s Novel The God of Small Things
Conference Details: International Conference of Arts and Humanities, Sri Lanka (1st -3rd April, 2014). Available at: http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/TIIKMConferences-2110883-postcolonial-ideoscapes-mediascapes-arundhati-roy-novel/.
- Paper Title: Test your Test
Conference Details: 29th SPELT International Conference 2013, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Paper Title: Teaching Poetry: Pitfalls and Amendments’
Conference Details: 7th International Conference 2014, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Paper Title: Aesop’s Fables- Amazing Oral Skills Development Resource
Conference Details: 28th SPELT International Conference, 2012, Lahore, Pakistan.