PhD English Language and Literature (in progress) (University of the Punjab, Lahore)
MPhil English Literature
MA English Literature
Room A-16, Seemi Tajammul Building
Almost 10 years experience in the field of English Language and Literature Teaching and Training in Pakistan; Working at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) as a faulty member; served as visiting faculty member at Lahore College for Women University, University of Gujrat (Lahore Campus); worked as a communications Skills trainer as well; presented at various national and international conferences.
Research interests: Post 9/11 Literature, Contemporary Pakistani Literature, Foucauldian Discourse Analysis.
- Paper Title: War Afflicted Beings: Myth-Ecological Discourse of the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zooby Rajiv Joseph
Publication Details: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment, vol. 9, no.2, 2018, pp. 72-88. http://ecozona.eu/article/view/2306
- Paper Title: Postcolonial Ideoscapes and Mediascapes in Arundhati Roy’s Novel The God of Small Things.
Publication Details: Conference Proceedings of International Conference of Arts and Humanities, Sri Lanka (1st -3rd April, 2014), pp. 318-324. https://tiikm.com/publication/ICOAH_2014_Proceeding_Book.pdf.
- Title: An Expose of Absurd Contemporary Conflicts in the Play: Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo by Rajiv Jospeh” got published in the volume on B/Orders Unbound- Marginality, Ethnicity and Identity in Literatures by Peter Lang Publications, 2017, https://www.peterlang.com/view/9783631718155/xhtml/chapter14.xhtml.
- A book chapter titled “Wilted Spirits Broken at the Cost of Remembrance: Micro and Macro Tragedies in the Novel Kartography by Kamila Shamsie” (In-process)
- Got an article published in ‘Freedom Gate Pakistan’ published by a German Organization Fur Die Freiheit, on the topic “Pakistani Youth’s opinion about War on Terror’, 2011.
- An article in the monthly magazine ‘The Reading Hub’
Paper Presentations at International Conferences
- Paper Title: Posthuman Feminist Cyborg: A Foucauldian Discourse Analysis of Pakistani Animation Series Burqa Avengers (2013)
Conference Details: The 10th Beyond Humanism Conference Wroclaw, Poland (18th-21st July, 2018) Abstract available at p. 62, http://beyondhumanism.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/BeyondHumanWroclaw2018_abstracts-rev2.pdf
- Paper Title: Language in the War-Zone: Power of Translation in the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo (2009) by Rajiv Joseph
Conference Details: The 7th International Conference on Language, Literature and Culture, Romania (25-26 May, 2018), abstract available at p. 94, https://www.academia.edu/35498817/7th_International_Conference_on_Language_Literature_and_Culture_Mapping_Cultural_Identities_Translations_and_Intersections_25-26_May_2018_Bucharest_Romania_http_www.elts.cankaya.edu.tr_.
- Paper Title: Re-Return of the Native: Urdu Poetic Expressions, Metaphors and Imagery in Nadeem Aslam’s Novel The Golden Legend (2017).
Conference Details: International Conference on Pakistani Writing in English (ICPWE), Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan (15-16 Feb, 2018).
- Paper Title: Foucauldian Discourse Analysis of Kamila Shamsie’s Novel A God in Every Stone
Conference Details: Discourse Net, University of Warwick, UK. (13-15th September, 2017).
- Paper Title: Sacred Versus Secular: Religious Discourse in Orhan Pamuk’s Novel Snow
Conference Details: Religion & Society, Imperial College, London on the topic “(17th-18th April, 2017). Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gt5VV3L1w
- Paper Title: Post 9/11 Ghosts: The Revival of Iraqi Muslim Image on the American stage by Rajiv Joseph in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo
Conference Details: The 3rd International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Bali, Indonesia (22nd-23rd September, 2016). Available at http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/TIIKMConferences-2934302-ms-qurratulaen-liaqat/.
- Paper Title: An Expose of Absurd Contemporary Conflicts in the Play Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo by Rajiv Joseph
Conference Details: International Conference on Language and Literature, Turkey (7-8th May, 2015)
- Paper Title: Postcolonial Ideoscapes and Mediascapes in Arundhati Roy’s Novel The God of Small Things
Conference Details: International Conference of Arts and Humanities, Sri Lanka (1st -3rd April, 2014). Available at: http://www.authorstream.com/Presentation/TIIKMConferences-2110883-postcolonial-ideoscapes-mediascapes-arundhati-roy-novel/.
- Paper Title: Test your Test
Conference Details: 29th SPELT International Conference 2013, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Paper Title: Teaching Poetry: Pitfalls and Amendments’
Conference Details: 7th International Conference 2014, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Paper Title: Aesop’s Fables- Amazing Oral Skills Development Resource
Conference Details: 28th SPELT International Conference, 2012, Lahore, Pakistan.