DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
MPhil in Sociology from Institute of Social and Cultural Studies (ISCS), University of the Punjab, Lahore
BA (Hons) in Sociology from Forman Christian College (A Chartered University)
Mr. Jawad Tariq is enrolled in Ph.D. Sociology at ISCS. Before joining FCCU, Mr. Jawad Tariq has taught undergraduates and graduates at the University of Gujrat, Government College University Faisalabad, University of Sargodha Lahore Campus, University of Central Punjab, FAST- National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, University of the Punjab, Government Islamia College Kasur, and Superior Law College. He has been a visiting lecturer at World Times Institute, Home Economics College, and Pakistan Naval War College, Lahore. He has five publications in HEC recognized journals. His teaching interests include Sociological Theory, Aging and Social Policy, Sociological Research, and Criminology.
Intra-party dynamics and its relation to political culture, social media and its implications, organizational culture and learning, and problems of aged population in Pakistan.
- Ali, M. V., & Tariq, J. (2021). Empowerment and IPV in Married Women of Reproductive Age: Evidence from Pakistan Demographic Health Survey 2017–2018. Journal of interpersonal violence, 0886260520980380.
- Tariq, J., Ali, M. V., Zakar, R., Sajjad, A., & Tariq, H. (2020). Institutional Environment of Old Age Homes and Its Relation to Adjustment of Older Adults: Evidence from Pakistan. Journal of Aging and Environment, 1-13.
- Tariq, J., Sajjad, A., Usman, A., & Amjad, A (2019). Factors affecting BMI of children under five years of age in Pakistan, Isra Medical Journal, 11(2), 123
- Islam, T., & Tariq, J. (2018). Learning organizational environment and extra-role behaviors: the mediating role of employee engagement. Journal of management development. https://doi.org/
- Islam, T., Tariq, J., & Usman, B. (2018). Transformational leadership and four-dimensional commitment: mediating role of job characteristics and moderating role of participative and directive leadership styles. Journal of Management Development. 10.1108/JMD-06-
- Tariq, J., Sajjad, A., Zakar, R., Zakar, M. Z., & Fischer, F. (2018). Factors associated with undernutrition in children under the age of two years: secondary data analysis based on the Pakistan demographic and health survey 2012–2013. Nutrients, 10(6), 676.
- Tariq, J., Sajjad, A., Usman, A., & Amjad, A. (2017). The role of intentions in facebook usage among educated youth in Pakistan: An extension of the theory of planned behavior. Computers in Human Behavior, 74, 188-195.
- Tariq, H., Sajjad, A., Usman, A., Tariq, J., & Amjad, A. (2018). Factors Shaping Pakistan-Iran Relations: Past, Present and Prospects for Future. Journal of Politics and International Studies, 4(2), 71-79.
- Usman, A., Hussain, S., Amjad, A., Tariq, J., & Sajjad, A. (2017). The Pakistan-India Security Dilemma-Contemporary Challenges. Journal of Indian Studies, 3(1), 19-25.
- Tariq, J., Usman, A., Sajjad, A., & Amjad, A. (2016). Democratizing Political Parties-A Case Study of Intraparty Elections and Factional Politics from Pakistan. Pakistan Vision, 17(1), 206.
- Tariq, J., Usman, A., & Sajjad, A. (2015). Politics of defection in struggling democracies. Pakistan Perspective, 20(1), 117 - 127.