DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Ph.D. (University of Seoul, Korea)
Master of Engineering (University of Seoul, Korea)
Dr. Shinho Chung has served more than 7 years as a lecturer at different universities in Korea. Served as Korea Overseas Volunteer at National Institute of Health, Islamabad, Pakistan (1999~2002), Senior researcher of Institute of Urban Sciences in University of Seoul (2005~2006), Professor of Department of Water and Environmental Engineering, Kabul Polytechnic University, Afghanistan (2007), IT director of Bagram Korean Hospital, Afghanistan (2008~2009), and Deputy Director of Energy and Environment Division, Newentec Co., Korea (2011~2015).
Water and Wastewater Treatment, Development of Performance Indicator of Water Supply System (Currently doing research work on Membrane Bioreactor and Phosphorus Recovery Process)
- Ayub, M., Saeed, N., Chung, S., Nawaz, M. S., & Ghaffour, N. (2020). Physical and economical evaluation of laboratory-scale membrane bioreactor by long-term relative cost-benefit analysis. Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination, in press. doi: 10.2166/wrd.2020.023.
- Ahmed, S., Chung, S., Sohail, N., Qazi, I. A., & Justin, A. (2020). Application of cell entrapping beads for Quorum Quenching technique in submerged membrane bioreactor. Water Science and Technology, 81(4), 744-752. doi: 10.2166/wst.2020.149.
- Sohail, N., Ahmed, S., Chung, S., & Nawaz, M. S. (2020) Performance comparison of three different reactors (MBBR, MBR and MBBMR) for municipal wastewater treatment. Desalination and Water Treatment, 174(2020), 71-78. doi: 10.5004/dwt.2020.24866.
- Chung, S., Lee, H., Yu, M., Koo, J., Hyun, I., and Lee, H. (2005) Identification of key local factors influencing revenue water ratio of Korean cities using principal component analysis and clustering analysis. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply 5 (3–4): 197–208.
- Lee, H., Chung, S., Yu, M., Koo, J., Hyun, I., and Lee, H. (2005) Applicable background minimum night flow for leakage management of small district metered areas in Korea. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply 5 (3-4): 181-188.
- Yu, M.J., Ahn, S.K., Chung, S.H., Noh, S., Park, J.A., Rhim, Y.T., Jheong, W.H. and Chung., H.M. (2006) Evaluation of the rapid filtration system with particle size distribution and Cryptosporidium in different operating conditions. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply 6 (1): 129–139.
- Chung, S., Lee, H., Yu, M. and Koo, J. (2006) Performance Evaluation of Water Loss Management in Urban Areas Using Different Performance Indicators, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineering 28(2): 117-127.
- Chung, S., Yu, M., Koo, Lee, H., and Koizumi, A. (2005) Applicability Test of Various Performance Indicators for Water Loss Management in Korean Cities. IWA Leakage 2005: 1-11.
- Chung, S., Kim, K. and Koo, J. (2005) Selection of the best scaling factor of performance indicator for water distribution network. The Korean Society of Water and Wastewater 2005(-): 119-126.
- Chung, S., Lee, H., Koo, J., Yu, M. and Choi, J. (2004) A study on daily and hourly peak factor of water distribution districts. Korean Society of Water Quality 2004(-): 143-152.
- Chung, S., Jang, M., Lee, H., Koo, J. and Yu, M. (2004) Factors affecting to water usage in residential area. Korean Society of Water Quality. 2004(-): 397-400.
- Chung, S., Lee, H., Koo, J. and Yu, M. (2003) Estimation and application of minimum night flow. Korean Society of Water Quality. 2003(-): 57-60.
- Chung, S., Lee, H., Koo, J. and Yu, M. (2003) Characterization of the ratio of revenue water in the 79 cities by Principal Component Analysis and Clustering Analysis. Korean Society of Water Quality. 2003(-): 133-142.
- Chung, S., Myung, K., Yu, M. and Ryu, S (2002) A study on the optimum operational condition of Power Block Underdrain System. The Korean Society of Water and Wastewater 2002(-): 79-82.
- Chung, S., Park, S. and Yu, M. (1997) Removal of Nitrogen and Phosphorous in Biofilm Process Using Iron Plates as Attached Growth Media. Korean Society of Environmental Engineering 1997(12): 702-705.