DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES & ACADEMIC ADVISING OFFICE
Ph.D. ‘Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate in Membrane Engineering (EUDIME)’ (University of Twente, The Netherlands; KU Leuven, Belgium; Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, France)
MS Environmental Engineering (National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad)
Dr. Shazia Ilyas has over seven years of research and teaching experience. She served as Water Quality Scientist at the Urban Sector Planning and Management Services Unit ((the Urban Unit, Lahore); researcher at the University of Twente, the Netherlands; lecturer at University of Punjab; research assistant at NUST. She did her Ph.D. under European Union’s prestigious grant program Erasmus Mundus from three European universities (University of Twente, The Netherlands; KU Leuven, Belgium; Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, France). Research Interests: Water and Wastewater Treatment and Management, Membrane Technology, Polyelectrolyte Multilayer Membranes, Membrane Bioreactors (MBRs), Waste Management.
- M. Abtahi, S. Ilyas, C.J. Cassan, W.M. de Vos, C. Albasi, (2018) Micropollutant removal from secondary-treated municipal wastewater using weak polyelectrolyte multilayer based nanofiltration membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 548: 654-666. (Impact Factor 7.015).
- Ilyas, S.M. Abtahi, N. Akkilic, W.M. de Vos, (2017) Weak polyelectrolyte multilayers as tunable separation layers for micro-pollutant removal by hollow fiber nanofiltration membranes, Journal of Membrane Science, 537: 220-228. (Impact Factor 7.015).
- Ilyas, N. Joseph, A. Szymczyk, A. Volodin, K. Nijmeijer, W.M. de Vos, Ivo F.J. Vankelecom, (2016) Weak polyelectrolyte multilayers as tunable membranes for solvent resistant nanofiltration, Journal of Membrane Science, 514: 322-331. (Impact Factor 7.015).
- Marbeliaa, M.A. Hernalsteensa, S. Ilyas, B. Ozturkb, A. Szymczykc, D. Springaelb, and Ivo F.J. Vankelecom, (2018) Biofouling in membrane bioreactors: nexus between polyacrylonitrile surface charge and community composition, Biofouling, 34: 1-15. (Impact Factor 2.847).
- Ilyas, R. English, P. Aimar, J.F. Lahitte, W.M. de Vos, (2017) Preparation of multifunctional hollow fiber NF membranes by dynamic LbL assembly of weak polyelectrolyte multilayers, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 533: 286-295. (Impact Factor 3.131).
- Ilyas, J. de Grooth, K. Nijmeijer, W.M. de Vos, (2015) Multifunctional polyelectrolyte multilayers as nanofiltration membranes and as sacrificial layers for easy membrane cleaning, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 446: 386-393. (Impact Factor 6.361).
- J. Khan, S. Ilyas, S. Javid, C. Visvanathan, V. Jegatheesan, (2011) Performance of suspended and attached growth MBR systems in treating high strength synthetic wastewater, Bioresource Technology, 102: 5331-5336. (Impact Factor 6.669).
- J. Khan, S. Ilyas, Z.U. Rehman, (2013) Impact of nitrogen loading rates on treatment performance of domestic wastewater and fouling propensity in submerged membrane bioreactor (MBR), Bioresource Technology, 141: 46-49. (Impact Factor 6.669).
- Lateef, M.N. Chaudhry, S. Ilyas, (2013) Biological treatment of dairy wastewater using activated sludge process, ScienceAsia, 39: 179-185. (Impact Factor 0.452).
- Ilyas, S. Ilyas, SR. Ahmad and MN. Chaudhry, (2018) Situation analysis waste recovered Gujranwala city, Pakistan, Interciencia Journal, 43(2): 17-29. (Impact Factor 0.28).
- A. Khattak, N. Ahmed, M.A. Qazi, A. Izhar, S. Ilyas, M.N. Chaudhary, M.S.A. Khan, N. Iqbal, T. Waheed, (2012) Evaluation of ground water quality for irrigation and drinking purposes of the areas adjacent to Hudiara Industrial Drain, Lahore, Pakistan, Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 49(4): 549-556. (Impact Factor 0.690).
- A. Qazi, M. A. Khattak, M. S.A. Khan, M.N, Chaudhry, K. Mahmood, B. Akhter, N. Iqbal, S. Ilyas, U.A. Ali, (2014) Spatial distribution of heavy metals in groundwater of Sheikhupura district Punjab, Pakistan, Journal of Agriculture Research, 52(1): 99-110. 3.
- Khattak, N. Ahmed, M.A. Qazi, M.N. Chaudhary, U. Naseem, S. Lateef, M.S.A. Khan, N. Iqbal, S. Ilyas, (2012) Quality comparison of different composts registered by the Government of Punjab under FCO 1973, Journal of Agriculture Research, 51(2): 161-168. 1.
- H. Ilyas, S. Ilyas, SR. Ahmad and MN. Chaudhry, (2017) Waste generation rate and composition analysis of solid waste in Gujranwala city, Pakistan, International Journal of Waste Resources, 7:297.(Impact Factor 0.80).