Joined FCCU in 2010; went to USA for POSTDOC in 2014; served in Aitchison College as lecturer 2006 – 2010;Member of ‘Materials Research Society’ (MRS), Society of Biomaterials, Society of Magnetic Materials, etc.; Published more than 25 research papers in international reputed journals; a regular peer-reviewer of Elsevier, ACS, RSC and AIP journals. Writes Op-Ed articles for newspapers and blogs on International Politics.
Research interests: Magnetism & Magnetic Materials, Nanomagnetism, Nanomedicine, Magnetic nanomaterials for cancer diagnostics, therapy, imaging and drug delivery, Biomaterials for Bone Tissue Engineering, Nanomaterials for anti-bacterial effects, Multiferroics, Magnetic Memory Nanosystems and Thin Films, etc.
- N Ahmad, SA Shah, Influence of voltage variation on structure and magnetic properties of Co1− xSnx (x= 0.3–0.7) nanowire alloys in alumina by electrochemical deposition, Applied Physics A 123 (2017) 65.
- SA Shah, et al, Doxorubicin-loaded photosensitive magnetic liposomes for multimodal cancer therapy, Colloids and Surfaces B 148 (2016) 157-164.
- N Ahmad, SA Shah, Magnetization Reversal and Surface Spins in Electrodeposited Co90Mn10 Alloy Nanowires, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, (2016), doi:10.1007/s10948-016-3704-y.
- N Ahmad, SA Shah, Ferromagnetic Relaxation and Magnetic Properties of Co40Fe40B20 Thin Films, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, (2016), DOI: 10.1007/s10948-016-3730-9.
- N Ahmad, SA Shah, AC potential dependent concentration variation and domain wall pinning in Co1-xZnx(X=0.4-0.5) nanorods, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism 29  (2016) 509.
- SA Shah, et al, Mixed Brownian alignment and Néel rotations in superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticle suspensions driven by an AC field, Physical Review B 92(9) (2015) 094438.
- SU Awan, SA Shah, Raman scattering and interstitial Li defects induced polarization in co-doped multiferroic Zn0.96-yCo0.04LiyO (0.00 ≤ y ≤ 0.10) nanoparticles,
RSC Advances 5 (2015) 39828.
- SU Awan, SA Shah, Study of room temperature Raman scattering and XPS, high temperature electrical and low temperature magnetic properties of Zn1−yLiyO (0.00 ≤ y ≤ 0.10) nanoparticles, Smart Materials & Structures 24 (2015) 115025.
- SA Shah, et al, Effective uniaxial anisotropy in optimized magnetite MPI tracers probed by freezing in a magnetic field, IWMPI, IEEE (2015).
- SA Shah, et al., Slew-rate dependence of tracer magnetization response in magnetic particle imaging, Journal of Applied Physics 116 (2014) 163910.
- SU Awan, SA Shah, Room temperature p-type conductivity and coexistence of ferroelectric order in ferromagnetic Li doped ZnO nanoparticles, Journal of Applied Physics 116 (2014) 164109.
- SA Shah, et al., Cell viability study of thermo-responsive core-shell superparamagnetic nanoparticles for multimodal cancer therapy, Applied Nanoscience 4 (2014) 227.
- MU Hashmi, SA Shah, Dissolution behavior of bioactive glass ceramics with different CaO/MgO ratios in SBF-K9 and r-SBF, Progress in Natural Science: Materials International 24 (2014) 354.
- MU Hashmi, SA Shah, Effect of sintering time on crystallization, densification and in-vitro characteristics of bioactive glass ceramics, International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology 3 (2014) 368.
- SA Shah, et al., PEG-coated folic acid-modified superparamagnetic MnFe2O4 nanoparticles for hyperthermia therapy and drug delivery, Materials Chemistry and Physics 138 (2013) 703.
- MU Hashmi, SA Shah, Effect of sintering temperature on microstructure and in-vitro behavior of bioactive glass-ceramics, Ceramics–Silikáty 57 (2013) 313.
- SA Shah, et al., Thermo-responsive copolymer coated MnFe2O4 magnetic nanoparticles for hyperthermia therapy and controlled drug delivery, Materials Chemistry and Physics 137 (2012) 365-371.
- MU Hashmi, SA Shah, Effect of different CaO/MgO ratios on the structural and mechanical properties of bioactive glass-ceramics, Ceramics–Silikáty 56 (4) (2012) 347.
- MA Shafique, SA Shah, Effect of doping concentration on absorbance, structural and magnetic properties of Cobalt-doped ZnO Nano crystellites, International Nano Letters 2 (2012) 31.
- SA Shah, et al., Effect of aligning magnetic field on the magnetic and calorimetric properties of ferrimagnetic bioactive glass ceramics for the hyperthermia treatment of cancer, Materials Science & Engineering C 31 (2011) 1010–1016.
- SA Shah, et al., Magnetic and bioactivity evaluation of ferrimagnetic bioactive glass ceramics for hyperthermia,Journal of Magnetism & Magnetic Materials 322 (2010) 375–381.
- SA Shah, et al, Study of an anisotropic ferrimagnetic bioactive glass ceramic for cancer treatment, Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing 100 (2010) 273-280.
- MU Hashmi, SA Shah, et al., Dissolution behavior of bioactive glass ceramics with different CaO/MgO ratios, Ceramics–Silikáty 54 (1) (2010) 8-13.