DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACY
Ph.D. (University of Vienna, Austria)
Dr. Saad Touqeer is a registered pharmacist having 8 years of academic and research experience. He has 16 international publications some of them being in the most prestigious journals such as Angewandte Chemie and Chemical Communications. He has presented his work at 9 international conferences. He is an HEC approved supervisor and has supervised many national and foreign students. Apart from his professional life, he takes a great interest in psychology, meditation, and quantum sciences.
Natural product chemistry, advanced drug synthesis, bioassays.
- Touqeer, S.; Ielo, L.; Miele, M.; Urban, E.; Holzer, W.; Pace, V. Direct and Straightforward Transfer of C1 Functionalized Synthons to Phosphorous Electrophiles for Accessing gem-P-Containing Methanes. Biomol. Chem. 2021, 19, 2425. (3.412)
- Senatore, R.; Malik, M.; Touqeer, S.; Listro, R.; Collina, S.; Holzer, W.; Pace, V. Straightforward and direct access to β-seleno- amines and sulfonylamides via the controlled addition of phenylselenomethyllithium (LiCH2SePh) to imines. Tetrahedron. 2020, 76, 131220. (2.233).
- Ielo, L.; Castoldi, L.; Touqeer, S.; Lombino, J.; Roller, A; Prandi, C.; Holzer, W.; Pace, V. Halogen-Imparted Reactivity in Lithium Carbenoid Mediated Homologations of Imine Surrogates: Direct Assembly of bis-Trifluoromethyl-β-Diketiminates and the Dual Role of LiCH2 Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2020, 59, 20852. (12.959)
- Touqeer, S.; Senatore, R.; Malik, M.; Urban, E.; Pace, V. Modular and Chemoselective Strategy for Accessing (Distinct) α,α-Dihaloketones from Weinreb Amides and Dihalomethyllithiums. Synth. Catal. 2020, 362, 5056. (5.851).
- Ielo, L.; Touqeer, S.; Roller, A.; Langer, T.; Holzer, W.; Pace, V. Telescoped, Divergent, Chemoselective C1 and C1-C1 Homologation of Imine Surrogates: Access to Quaternary Chloro- and Halomethyl- Trifluoromethyl Aziridines. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 131, 2501. (12.959).
- Touqeer, S.; Castoldi, L.; Langer, T.; Holzer, W.; Pace, V. Homologation of halostannanes with carbenoids: a convenient and straightforward one-step access to α-functionalized organotin reagents. Commun. 2018, 72, 10112. (5.996).
- Monticelli, S.; Castoldi, L.; Touqeer, S.; Miele, M.; Urban, E.; Pace, V. Recent advances in the synthesis and reactivity of spiro-epoxyoxindoles. Heterocycl. Comp. 2018, 54, 389. (1.519).
- Abid, S.; Saeed, M. A.; Touqeer, S. Antimicrobial and toxicity studies on Breynia distichaR.Forst. & G.Forst. and Vernonia elaeagnifolia DC. PJPR. 2017, 3, 51.
- Dar, U. I.; Saleem, F.; Touqeer, S. Antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of Embelia robusta: a common adulterant in black pepper. PJPR. 2016, 2, 136.
- Touqeer, S.; Saeed, M. A.; Khalid, S. Thin-layer chromatographic study of Conocarpus lancifolius, Melaleuca decora and Syngonium podophyllum. RJPT. 2015 8, 74.
- Touqeer, S. Ethnopharmacology and Random Screening. Pharm. Pharmacogn. Res. 2015, 3, 45.
- Abid, S.; Touqeer, S. Antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of Breynia disticha and Vernonia elaeagnifolia. App. Pharm. 2015, 7, 178.
- Touqeer, S.; Saeed, M. A.; Ansari, F.; Zahra, N.; Masood, Z.; Fareed, M.; Javed, A. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of Conocarpus lancifolius (combretaceae). J. App. Pharm. 2014, 6, 153.
- Jahanzeb, K.; Saeed, M. A.; Touqeer, S.; Adnan, S.; Masood, Z.; Zaman, M. Antihyperglycemic, Hypoglycemic and Cytotoxic Activity of Albizia lebbek and Trigonella corniculata. RJPT. 2014, 7, 191.
- Touqeer, S.; Saeed, M. A.; Adnan, S.; Mehmood, F.; Ch, M. A. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of Melaleuca. decora and Syngonium podophyllum. RJPT. 2014, 7, 776.
- Touqeer, S.; Saeed, M. A.; Ajaib, M. A review on the phytochemistry and pharmacology of genus Tephrosia. Phytopharmacology. 2013, 4, 598.