DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
Ph.D. Economics (University Lumiere Lyon II, France)
MS Economics (University Lumiere Lyon II, France)
Dr. Tahir has experience working at universities, Central Bank, colleges, and NGOs. Prior to joining FCCU, Dr. Tahir served at the University of Management and Technology (UMT) Lahore. He also worked at the State Bank of Pakistan as a Deputy Director in the Monetary Policy Department. He has the experience of teaching at the College level when he served as a Lecturer in Economics at Government Degree College Okara. He has also worked as an Education Coordinator in Human Development Foundation (HDF) a subsidiary of the Human Development Foundation of North America (HDFNA).
Dr. Tahir has attended various international and national training. He attended training programs conducted by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) at IMF Institute, Washington D.C, and Federal Reserve Bank of New York in New York. He also successfully completed a 6-month extensive training conducted by the State Bank of Pakistan at the National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF), Islamabad. The trainers were: Central Bankers, Commercial Bankers, Professors, and Policymakers from Pakistan. He also attended another training program titled “National and Regional Accounts” at the Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS) conducted by the German Development Cooperation (GTZ).
Dr. Tahir has presented his research work in international conferences in Spain and Greece and also attended a Summer School in Italy.
Monetary Economics, International Economics, Macroeconomics
- Economic Prospects of Stock Market Development: A Comparison of Two Worlds”, Paradigms, Vol. 13, No. 1, December 2019
- How director remuneration impacts firm performance: An empirical analysis of executive director remuneration in Pakistan. Borsa Istanbul Review, 19, No. 2, 2019.
- “Natural Gas Consumption and Economic Growth in Pakistan; A Production Function Approach”, Global Business Review, Vol. 19 (2) April 2018.
- “Appropriate Exchange Rate Regime for Economic Structure of Pakistan” in Turkish Economic Review, Vol. 3, No. 4, December 2016.
- “Electronic Banking and Banking Performance: An Empirical Study of Pakistan’s Banks. Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 8, No. 2, December 2017.
- “Some Price and Non-Price Factors Affecting Imports in Pakistan”, Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 24, No. 2, winter 2014.
- 2019: Invited by SBE, UMT to deliver a lecture on the topic “FDI, Globalization and its Impact on Economic Development
- 2019: Talked about the book “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” authored by Thomas Piketty, at SBE, UMT, Lahore.
- 2018: Talked about the book “Rewriting the rules of the American economy: An agenda for growth and shared prosperity” authored by Joseph E. Stiglitz, at SBE, UMT, Lahore.
- 2017: Invited by SBE, UMT to deliver a lecture on the topic “Sustainable Development Goals and the Monetary Policy”.
- 2014: Invited by UMT Sialkot Campus to deliver a lecture on the topic “Recent Exchange Rate Variability in Pakistan”.
- 2012: presented paper “Relative Importance of Monetary Transmission Channels: A Structural Investigation; Case of Brazil, Chile, and Korea” at International Conference on Economic Modeling EcoMod 2012, Seville, Spain.
- 2011: presented paper “Inflation Targeting, Asset Prices and Financial Globalization” at 15th International Conference on Macroeconomic Analysis and International Finance, University of Crete, Crete, Greece.
- Reviewed book titled “Rewriting the rules of the American economy: An agenda for growth and shared prosperity” authored by Joseph E. Stiglitz, published in Turkish Economic Review, 5, No. 2, June 2018.