Dr. Bhatti has a well-rounded experience of teaching, administration and research. His 30 years long and productive career of diversified teaching ranges from intermediate to PhD levels. At FCCU, he has been teaching a variety of courses at Baccalaureate, MSc and MPhil levels. His areas of interest include: Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Economics, Islamic Economics, Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. He has also taught for more than 10 years as a visiting faculty member at the Department of Economics/School of Economics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
Dr. Bhatti has successfully held the post of Principal, Government Gordon College, Rawalpindi. After taking over as a Principal, he took various initiatives to improve the glory of this historic college by reviving curricular and co-curricular activities. He published the college magazine, Gordonian, conducted the college annual sports and effectively groomed the students by steering co-curricular activities, resultantly, the college got two distinctions in the BISE Rawalpindi and 1st position in English Essay Competition at Punjab level.
The services of Dr. Bhatti have also been sought by other universities and institutions such as Punjab University, Islamia University of Bahawalpur, International Islamic University, Islamabad; Fatima Jinnah women University, Rawalpindi; Kashmir Institute of Economics, University of AJK, Muzafabad; Gomal University, D. I. Khan; Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad; COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore; and Lahore School of Economics.
His PhD research work that aimed to “appropriately model, analyze and forecast the behavior of 43 stocks” listed at Karachi Stock Market was evaluated as an impressive and solid empirical work by the top scholars/referees in the field. His research papers have been presented in international conferences within Pakistan and abroad. Six MPhil students have successfully completed their theses under his supervision.
Currently, he is member of Board of Studies in the subject of Economics, University of the Punjab and Lahore School of Economics. He is also working as editor of Forman Journal of Economic Studies (HEC recognized Y-Category Journal). He has worked as an Advisor and as a Punjab Higher Education Department (HED) representative to the Punjab Public Service Commission for the selection of Assistant Professors, Lecturers and Subject Specialists (Economics) for the HED, Government of the Punjab.
Research interests: Financial Economics, Poverty, Economics of Philanthropy
- “Democratic Accountability-Growth Nexus in Pakistan: A Multivariate Cointegration Approach” presented in 1st National Conference on Economy of Pakistan: Vulnerabilities and Opportunities, Tuesday, 9th May 2017, organized by Department of Economics, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University)
- “Detecting Mean-Variance Shifts in a Financial Time Series: A Firm Level Case Analysis of Karachi Stock Market” Forman Journal of Economic Studies Vol. 12, 2016 (January–December) pp. 57-73
- “ FDI and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Sector Wise Multivariate Cointegration Analysis” A paper presented in 32nd Annual General Meeting & Conference of Pakistan Society of Development Economists, Islamabad, 2016.
- “The role of religiosity in philanthropic behavior” Forman Journal of Economic Studies Vol. 11, 2015 (January–December) pp. 67-86
- “Ricardian Equivalence and Twin Deficit Hypotheses: Empirical Investigation for Pakistan”, presented in Divine Economics Conference, University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, December 12-14, 2013
- “The Role of Religiosity in Philanthropic Behavior” presented in Divine Economics Conference, University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad, December 12-14, 2013
- “Faith Based after Life Incentives in Philanthropic Behavior”, presented in the annual conference of the Association for Study of Religion, Economics and Culture (April 11 to 14, 2013), Washington DC, USA.