DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACY
Ph.D. Pharmacology (The National University of Malaysia)
MPhil Pharmacology (University of Sargodha)
PharmD (University of Sargodha)
Dr. Laiba Arshad is a registered Pharmacist and a recipient of the Award of Scholarship under “Partial Support for Ph.D. studies abroad” by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan during her Ph.D. studies. She has professional experience in institutional teaching. She has been participating in various national and international conferences and research seminars as well as served as an International Conference organizer in her professional career. She has published over 10 research/review papers in peer-reviewed indexed journals and currently serving as a reviewer for many well-reputed journals. She is a member of the Malaysian Natural Product Society and is actively involved in natural product research and in the field of immunology.
- Laiba Arshad, Ibrahim Jantan, Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari, and Md. Areeful Haque (2017). Immunosuppressive Effects of Natural α,β-Unsaturated Carbonyl-Based Compounds, and Their Analogs and Derivatives, on Immune Cells: A Review. Frontiers in Pharmacology 8, p.22.
- Laiba Arshad, Md. Areeful Haque, Ibrahim Jantan, and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari (2017). An overview of structural activity relationship studies of curcumin analogs as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents. Future Medicinal Chemistry. 9(6), p.605-626.
- Laiba Arshad, Ibrahim Jantan and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari (2018). Inhibitory effects of α,β-unsaturated carbonyl-based compounds and their pyrazoline derivatives on the phagocytosis of human neutrophils. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 27(5), p.1460-1471.
- Laiba Arshad, Ibrahim Jantan, Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari and Muhammad Fauzi Busra (2018). 3, “5-Bis [4-(diethoxymethyl) benzylidene]-1-methyl-piperidin-4-one, a novel curcumin analogue, inhibits cellular and humoral immune responses in male Balb/c mice. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 6(19), p.468-482.
- Md. Areeful Haque, Ibrahim Jantan, Laiba Arshad and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari (2017). Exploring the immunomodulatory and anticancer properties of zerumbone. Food & Function 8(10), p.3410-3431.
- Maryam Abdul Wahab, Ibrahim Jantan, Md. Areeful Haque and Laiba Arshad (2018). Exploring the leaves of Annona moricata L. as a source of potential anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. Frontiers in Pharmacology 9, p.661.
- Akhter, Mumtaz, Muhammad Iqbal, Nazia Tabassum, Fousia Latif, Hira Asif, Nabeela Noor and Laiba Arshad (2015). Evaluation of pharmacological effect of Morus nigra extract on angiogenesis using chorioallantoic membrane (cam) assay. Canadian Journal of Applied Sciences.
- Mushtaq, Sayed Atif Raza, Zahid Khan, Taseer Ahmad, Haseeb Ahsan, Hira Asif, Nabeela Noor, Ambreen Malik Uttra and Laiba Arshad (2016). Evaluation of anti-diabetic effects of poly-herbal product ědiabetic balî in alloxan-induced diabetic rabbits. Acta Poloniac Pharmaceutica.
- Shazliana Ghazalee, Ibrahim Jantan, Laiba Arshad and Md. Arreful Haque (2019). Immunomodulatory effects of standardized extract of Zingiber zerumbet on innate immune responses in Wistar rats. Phytotherapy Research, p1-10.
- Laiba Arshad, Ibrahim Jantan and Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari (2019). Enhanced immunosuppressive effects of 3,5-Bis [4(diethoxymethyl)benzylidene]-1-methyl-piperidin-4-one, an α, β-unsaturated carbonyl-based compound as PLGA-b-PEG nanoparticles. Drug Design Development and Therapy.