Dr Ghulam Shabbir is an HEC approved PhD supervisor. He has 25 years of teaching and research experience. He has investigated the issues relevant to corruption, economic growth, institutional quality, foreign trade, dynamics of exchange rates, purchasing power parity and black economy. He has published his research work in internationally reputed and HEC recognized journals. He has supervised PhD and MPhil research students. He has been working as Managing Editor of Forman Journal of Economic Studies (HEC recognized, X-category) since 2009 and as peer reviewer of international journals. He joined the Department of Economics, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) as Assistant Professor in 2008 and promoted to the post of Associate Professor in 2017. He earned his PhD degree in Economics from NCBA&E, Lahore and MPhil degree from Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
Research interests: Institutional Economics, International Economics, Economic Development
- Manzoor, M., Shabbir, G. and Syed, S. H. (2018). The Measurement of Pakistan’s Black Economy: A Modified Currency Demand Approach. Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Vol. 56, No. 2 (Winter, 2018), pp. 211-229.
- Arshad, A., Syed, S. H., & Shabbir, G. (2017). Military Expenditure and Economic Growth: A Panel Data Analysis. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 13, pp 161-176.
- Shabbir, G. (2017). Corruption, Democracy and Economic Growth: Does Conditionality Matter? Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Vol. 55, No. 1 (Summer 2017), pp. 99-117.
- Shabbir, G., Anwar, M, & Adil, S. (2016). Corruption, Political Stability and Economic Growth. The Pakistan Development Review, Vol. 55, No. 4 (Winter), pp. 689-702.
- Ahmad, W., Ahmed, T., & Shabbir, G. (2016). Impact of Embodied Characteristics and Sensory Variables on the Price of Milk at Retail Level. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 12, pp 103-114.
- Shabbir, G., Farooq, A., & Ahmed T. (2015). Sociopolitical Institutions and Corruption: Does Conditionality Matter? Forman Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 11, pp. 33-52.
- Ahmad, W., Ahmed, T., & Shabbir, G. (2015). Determinants of Textile Firms’ Profitability in Pakistan. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 11, pp 87-102.
- Shabbir, G & Butt A. R. (2014). Socioeconomic Determinants of Corruption: A Cross Country Evidence and Analysis. Forman Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 10, pp 79-104.