KAUSER ABDULLA MALIK SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES
Post Doctorate from University of Nebraska Medical Center, NE, USA
Post Doctorate, National institute of physiological sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Post Doctorate, University of the Punjab, PhD (The university of Punjab)
Over 14 years of teaching and research experience in various institutions in Pakistan; member Biological sciences faculty at FCCU since August 2013; served as visiting faculty in University of the Punjab. supervised research in the areas of molecular biology.
Health biotechnology, and molecular biology.
- Shahid, I., Rizwan, M., Baig, D.N. Saleem, R.S., Adeel, M., Malik, K.A., Mehnaz, S., Analysis of secondary metabolites produced by different strains of Pseudomonas chlororaphis and aurantiaca, isolated from paragrass, sugarcane, cotton and cactus plants J. Microbiol. Biotechnol (accepted).
- Baig, D.N., Yanagawa, T., Tabuchi, K., Distortion of the normal function of synaptic cell adhesion molecules by genetic variants as a risk for autism spectrum disorders. Brain Res Bull (Accepted) (2.73)
- Tariq, N., Basharat, Z., Butt, S., Baig, D.N., 2016. Distribution analysis of Profilin isoforms at transcript resolution with mRNA-seq and secondary structure in various organs of Rattus norvegicus Gene (589) 49-55. (2.319)
- Basharat, Z., Qazi, S. R., Yasmin, A., Ali, S. A., Baig, D.N., 2016.Digital dissection of arsenate reductase enzyme from an arsenic hyperaccumulating fern Cold spring harber press.
- Basharat, Z., Baig, D.N. and Yasmin, A., 2016. Prediction of post translation modifications at the contact site betweenAnaplasma phagocytophilum and human host during autophagosome induction using a bioinformatic approach, Mol and Cellul Prob (In press).( 1.679)
- Mahmood, N., Baig, D.N., 2015. Molecular analysis of human interferon alpha2b gene in blood cancer patients, Journal of Elective Medicine. 3(1).
- Shahid, I., Baig, D.N., Mehnaz, S., 2015 Comparative Analysis of Secondary Metabolites of Pseudomonas aurantiaca Isolates from Different Sources, Proceedings of the World Congress on New Technologies. 135.
- Baig, D.N., Yanagawa, T., Tabuchi, K. Analysis of Neuroligin-3 R451C knock-in mice as models for autistic savant. Journal of Biological Psychiatry, 23 (4) 281-286.
- Baig, D.N., and Mehnaz, S 2010. Determination and distribution of cry-type genes of Bacillus thuringiensis isolates from Arabian Sea and coastal areas of Pakistan. Microbiol Res, 165: 376-383 (2.723)
- Baig, D.N., Bukhari, D.A., Shakoori, A. R. 2010. cry genes profiling and the toxicity of isolates of Bacillus thuringiensis from soil samples against American bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera. J. Appl Microbiol. 109: 1967-1978.(2.156)
- Mehnaz, S., Baig, D.N., and Lazarovits, G 2010. Genetic and phenotypic diversity of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria isolated from sugarcane plants growing in Pakistan. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 20(12): 1614-1623. (1.685)
- Mehnaz, S., Baig, D.N., Jamil F., Weselowski B., and Lazarovits, G 2009. Characterization of a phenazine and hexanoyl homoserine lactone producing Pseudomonas aurantiaca strain PB-St2, isolated from sugarcane stem. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 19(12): 1688-1694. (1.685).