Over 5 years of experience in teaching and research and served as faculty at Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand; served as a food safety consultant for NSF Asia-Pacific Co., Ltd.
Research Interests: Food waste valorization; Food microbiology; Plant metabolites; Food preservation; Encapsulation
List of Publications
- Anil, A. K., Shrestha, S., & Sadiq, M. B. (2018). Biopolymeric-based emulsions and their effects during processing, digestibility and bioaccessibility on bioactive compounds in food systems. Food Hydrocolloids, 87, 691-702. (Elsevier, IF=5.089).
- Shrestha, S., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Culled banana resistant starch-soy protein isolate conjugate based emulsion enriched with astaxanthin to enhance its stability. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 120, 449-459. (Elsevier, IF=3.909).
- Iamareerat, B., Singh, M., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Reinforced cassava starch based edible film incorporated with essential oil and sodium bentonite nanoclay as food packaging material. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 1-7. (Springer Nature, IF=1.797).
- Dhakal, D., Koomsap, P., Lamichhane, A., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Optimization of collagen extraction from chicken feet by papain hydrolysis and synthesis of chicken feet collagen based biopolymeric fibres. Food bioscience, 23, 23-30. (Elsevier, IF=2.371).
- Yi Yi Win, Manisha Singh, Muhammad Bilal Sadiq and Anil Kumar Anal (2018). Isolation and Identification of Caffeine Degrading Bacteria from Coffee Plantation Area. Food Biotechnology (Accepted). (Taylor and Francis, IF = 0.595)
- Ingawale, A. S., Sadiq, M. B., Nguyen, L. T., & Ngan, T. B. (2018). Optimization of extraction conditions and assessment of antioxidant, α-glucosidase inhibitory and antimicrobial activities of Xanthium strumarium fruits. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 14, 40-47. (Elsevier)
- Khanal, B. K. S., Sadiq, M. B., Singh, M., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Screening of antibiotic residues in fresh milk of Kathmandu Valley, Nepal. Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B, 53(1), 57-86. (Taylor and Francis, IF= 1.273)
- Sriwattanachai, S., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Synergistic antifungal effects of thyme essential oil and Lactobacillus plantarum cell‐free supernatant against Penicillium spp. and in situ effects. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 42(1), e13400. (Wiley, IF = 1.510)
- Sitthiya, K., Devkota, L., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K (2018). Extraction and characterization of proteins from banana (Musa Sapientum L) flower and evaluation of antimicrobial activities. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 1-9. (Springer Nature, IF=1.797)
- Chanseyha, C., Sadiq, M. B., Cho, T. Z. A., & Anal, A. K. (2018). Prevalence and analysis of antibiotic resistant genes in Escherichia coli and Salmonella isolates from green leaf lettuce. Chiang Mai Journal of Science, 45(3), 1274-1286. (IF=0.409)
- Sadiq, M.B., Pattamon Tharaphan, Kesinee Chotivanich, Joel Tarning and Anil Kumar Anal, (2017). In vitro antioxidant and antimalarial activities of leaves, pods and bark extracts of Acacia nilotica BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 17:372. DOI: 10.1186/s12906-017-1878-x. (Springer Nature, IF=2.109)
- Sadiq, M.B., Joel Tarning, Tay Zar Aye Cho and Anil Kumar Anal (2017). Antibacterial activities and possible modes of action of Acacia nilotica (L.) Del. against multidrug resistant Escherichia coli and Molecules, 22(1). (MDPI, IF=3.098)
- Hiranrangsee, L., Kumaree, K. K., Sadiq, M. B., & Anal, A. K. (2016). Extraction of anthocyanins from pericarp and lipids from seeds of mangosteen (Garcinia mangostana) by Ultrasound-assisted extraction (UAE) and evaluation of pericarp extract enriched functional ice-cream. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 53(10), 3806-3813. (Springer Nature, IF=1.797)
- Sadiq, M. B., Hanpithakpong, W., Tarning, J., & Anal, A. K. (2015). Screening of phytochemicals and in vitro evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant activities of leaves, pods and bark extracts of Acacia nilotica (L.) Del. Industrial Crops and Products, 77, 873-882. (Elsevier, IF=3.849)
- Muhammad Ihtisham Umar, Rabia Altaf, Muhammad Adnan Iqbal, Muhammad Bilal Sadiq. In Vivo Experimental Models to investigate the anti-inflammatory activity of Herbal Extracts (Review). Sci, Int (Lahore), 22(3), 199-203, 2010 ISSN 1013-5316; CODEN: SINTE.
- Sadiq, M.B., Manisha Singh and Anal, A. K. (2017). Application of food byproducts in medical and pharmaceutical industries. ed: Anal, A. K. Food Processing By-Products and Their Utilization. Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Anil Kumar Anal, Muhammad Bilal Sadiq and Manisha Singh (2017). Actual traceability techniques in food systems. Food traceability and authenticity: Emerging analytic techniques (66-89). Food biology series, CRC press, USA. Publisher: Taylor and Francis.
- Ali Akbar, Muhammad Bilal Sadiq, Imran Ali, Muhammad Naeem (2018). Organic waste utilization for sustainable ethanol production. Ed: Muhammad Arshad. Sustainable ethanol Production. Publisher: Springer (In Print).
- Anjali Maniyam Pariyarath, Anil. K. Anal and Muhammad Bilal Sadiq. Optimization of Ultrasonic Assisted Extraction (UAE) of Anthocyanins from Black Glutinous Rice and Evaluation of their Antioxidant Properties. International Conference on Agriculture, Food and Biotechnology (ICAFB 2018), Bangkok, January 24-26, 2018.
- Shahbaz Ahmad, Muhammad Bilal Sadiq, Tanzeem Akbar Cheema and Muhammad Shahzad Sarfraz. Geographical information system (GIS) based approach to monitor epidemiological disaster: 2011 dengue fever outbreak in Punjab, Pakistan, 4th Int. Conference on Geo-InformationTechnology for Natural Disaster Management-“Reduce Exposure to Reduce Risk”, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 7-8 November 2012.
- Ingawale, A.S., Sadiq, M.B., Nguyen, L.T. Optimization of Extraction Conditions and Assessment of Antioxidant, α-Glucosidase Inhibitory and Antimicrobial Activities of Xanthium strumarium fruits. International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Environment 2016 (SAE2016) (December 2016, HCMC, Vietnam).