Dear Colleagues, Students and Friends,
We are more than thrilled to launch a two-day International Symposium on Africa-China Relations in an Era of Uncertain Future on 13 – 14 April 2023. This Symposium, which will be conducted in hybrid mode, is co-organised by the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) and the School of Graduate Studies (GS), Lingnan University.
This International Symposium will gather a group of respected scholars and practitioners worldwide to share their latest research and perspectives concerning Africa-China relations in an Era of Uncertian Future across various sectors. In particular, the symposium seeks to deliberate on the effect of current global socioeconomic and political instabilities on various aspects of Africa-China relations presently and in the future. Among others, the themes to be explored at the Symposium include 1) Political and economic aspects of Africa-China engagement; 2) Security and peace; 3) People-to-people engagements; and 4) Human development and well-being.
- Prof Joshua Ka Ho Mok, Lingnan University, Hong Kong SAR
- Prof Padmore A. Amoah, Lingnan University, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Motolani Agbebi, University of Tampere, Finland
- Dr Ana Cristina D. Alves, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Prof Adams Bodomo, University of Vienna, Austria
- Prof Roberto Carlos Castillo Bautista, Lingnan University, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Frangton Chiyemura, The Open University, United Kingdom
- Dr Emily Shun-man Chow-Quesada, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Carrie B. Dolan, William and Mary, United States
- Miss Bridget Tawiah Badu Eshun, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Ding Fei, Cornell University, United States
- Dr Obert Hodzi, The University of Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Dr Nicholas Loubere, Lund University, Sweden
- Mr Conrad John Masabo, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR
- Prof Gordon Mathews, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
- Prof Franklin Obeng-Odoom, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Mr Clifford Pereira, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
- Prof Barry Sautman, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR
- Dr Austin Strange, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
- Prof Liang Xu, Peking University, China
- Prof Hairong Yan, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR
You are cordially invited to join us for this important event either as a presenter or participant. If you are interested in participating as a presenter, please submit an abstract of about 250 words to us for consideration. The presentation can be made either orally or via a poster. All the presenters and participants should complete their registration at https://lingnan.asia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3EmLw8Vz0JzWc7k by 14 March 2023.
Further details for the conference can be found here:
We look forward to your participation. For inquiries, please feel free to contact us at symposiumCAR@ln.edu.hk.