The School of Management, Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) is delighted to announce another edition of the Research Symposium for Business, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation on December 8th, 2021. This conference provides a platform for the researchers, academicians, students, and the management practitioners to come together and contribute to the field of research through their innovative findings. The upcoming conference is a premier forum for academic interactions that aim to further polish the skills of the participants and provide an opportunity for them to connect with others, enabling a learning environment.
The authors are required to submit brief abstracts of their research papers with the maximum word limit of 300 words by September 15th, 2021 and full paper submissions must be sent by October 5th, 2021 upon receiving an acceptance by the committee. The selected papers will also have a publication opportunity with the Forman Journal of Business and Innovation (FJBI) after recommended revisions preceded by a double-blind peer review process.
To instill a research culture, the FJBI encourages the authors to submit original research on diverse areas that include but are not limited to:
- Business and Management
- – Accounting, Finance and Banking
- – Entrepreneurship
- – Marketing and Sales
- – Law and Policy
- – Supply Chain Management
- – Operations Management
- – Human Resource Management
- Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
- Innovation and Technology
- – Applied Sciences
- – Management Information Systems
- – Business Data Analytics
- – Health Care
- Social Sciences with a Business and/or Management dimension
All submissions must be sent to Editor-in-chief on _________________________.
For further correspondence, please contact the Editorial Manager on ____________________.
Aims and Scope
The Forman Journal of Business and Innovation (FJBI) is a multidisciplinary journal that aims to embed innovation in research and encourages new ideas. This journal provides an academic platform to professionals and researchers to get their original research published. FJBI is a strong proponent of a healthy research culture and best practices within the society. Keeping quality as a top priority, the journal publishes state of the art contributions that are theoretical and empirical in nature, employing an amalgamation of qualitative along with quantitative methods of research.
FJBI is a Biannual journal that maintains open access in order to ensure that the research has widespread readership. Moreover, the double blind yet rapid peer review process enables constructive review of the submitted manuscripts within a specific period of time. FJBI welcomes latest research and developments that broadly revolve around the field of business, commercialization, industrialization, technology, and innovation. The journal also probes quality work that falls within the ambit of management and social sciences, pushing its authors to explore diverse areas of research. In addition, FJBI values its authors and appreciates productive correspondence.
Dr. Jonathan S. Addleton
Dr. Douglas E. Trimble
Dr. Rao Raza Hashim
Dr. Aamir Chughtai
Dr. Bushra Usman
Dr. Shoaib Nazir
Dr. Farid A. Malik
Advisory Board (National)
Advisory Board (International)
For Editors and Reviewers
The Editorial board will ensure that there is a blind peer review process of every manuscript and a submission with conflict of interest is assigned to another reviewer. The reviewers and editors will select manuscripts that are based solely on merit and disregard any discrimination that may result on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, cultural sentiments, political affiliation, seniority and/or institutional association of the author(s). In addition, the confidentiality of the submitted manuscripts will be fully ensured prior to their publication.
The authors must ensure that the submissions are original, authentic and in cases where data is retrieved from a source, due credit must be given. Moreover, manuscripts submitted to FJBI must not be submitted elsewhere until a rejection is communicated. Furthermore, in cases where a doubt regarding the validity and the accuracy of the research arises, the author(s) will be required to provide the raw data to the board. In addition, in case of revisions, the author(s) must provide an annotated response to reviewers indicating all changes and recommendations made in the revised submission.
- – FJBI strictly adheres to the HEC plagiarism guidelines.
- – For a plagiarized article in processing, the identification of act will lead to dropping of article from further processing/ consideration of publication. The author will be required to give an explanation on demand. In case of an unsatisfactory reply, the matter will be referred to the disciplinary committee that may decide the course of action. For a published article, the allegedly plagiarized article will be temporarily retracted from publication and a notice to the effect will be published in the FJBI. The author will be served an explanation demand. In case of non-response in the stipulated time or unsatisfactory explanation, the article will be permanently retracted, and the author will be on watch. HEC and author’s institute will also be notified. The author(s) will have to provide documentary proof of retraction from publication, if such a defense is pleaded.
- – Those claiming intellectual/idea or data theft of an article must provide documentary proof in their claim.
Complaints and Misconduct
- – FJBI has a no tolerance policy for practices that may compromise on its publication integrity and the research quality. Any complaints that raise a doubt on the reliability of a manuscript or a publication will be dealt on a priority basis.
- – The journal ensures strict compliance of the HEC policies.
- – All complaints must be addressed to the Editor in Chief with an expected response time of 10 days after an acknowledgement email.
Copy Rights and Licensing
- – Copyrights of all articles published in FJBI are retained by the authors; with first publication rights granted to FJBI.
- – The manuscript must be original, and the authors must ensure that it has not been published in any other journal before, is not under consideration for any other journal and does not violate any existing copyrights or any other rights of a third party.
- – The authors must ensure that the manuscript does not contain any unlawful and libelous content or anything that would breach the agreement (s) of confidence, commitment, and secrecy.
- – The authors must ensure that due care has been taken to ensure the reliability of the article. All purported statements and information are facts to the best of their knowledge and the currently accepted standards.
The manuscripts that are original, unpublished and are not under review elsewhere are welcome and the authors must follow the following guidelines:
- – All manuscripts must be in English Language only.
- – The manuscript must contain 4000-7000 words excluding the references.
- – The abstract should contain up to 300 words.
- – The submissions must be in Times New Roman font style with headings having the font size of 14 and the content in size 12.
- – The abstract, keywords and author(s) names and affiliations must be Italics and should be in 11 font size.
- – There should be a line-spacing of 2-inches with a 1-inch margin of the page.
- – All the individuals with authorship claims and affiliations (department, university, city, and country) should be mentioned on the title page in the same order as the authors want them to appear in the published paper, which will not be changed after acceptance.
- – The email address of the corresponding author should also be mentioned.
- – Postal address is required for the publisher only, which will not be published.
- – Author(s) can give up to six keywords.
- – Heading should be bold and indicated in the article with initial capital letters.
- – The first paragraph after each heading should be without indentation. If heading contains more than one section, after the first paragraph following sections should be with indentation
- – Make sure to strictly follow ethical considerations before reproducing tables and figures from other sources.
- – All tables and figures must be accurately numbered and placed at the top.
- – The author(s) must submit a conflict of interest statement and an originality statement in order to maintain the ethics of publication.
- – APA style referencing must be followed. Guidelines for APA referencing can be found at: https://apastyle.apa.org/instructional-aids/reference-examples.pdf
- – The FJBI charges no publication fee.
Information about funding
FJBI is an official publication of the Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) and is funded by the institution. FJBI does not take advertisements or sponsorships.
E-Building, Room 123; Ferozepur Road, Lahore 54600 Pakistan
All queries must be directed to the Editor-in-Chief or the Editorial Manager.