Pharmacy as a profession has historic roots as the art and science of preparing and dispensing medications. This role of pharmacists had been transformed into wide ranging activities such as pharmaceutical care (community, hospital and clinical pharmacy), pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, research (drug discovery, drug design and drug delivery), drug regulatory agencies, academics and training of health workers.
FCCU’s Department of Pharmacy has been established with an ultimate goal to be the center of excellence in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. The department is located in Peter H Armacost Science Building and consists of modern lecture rooms, seminar rooms with audiovisual arrangements, modern laboratories equipped with all necessary instruments and equipment. The Department is collaborating with the 200-bed tertiary care facility, United Christian Hospital and FCCU’s Mercy Health Center for practical training and residency in clinical, hospital and community pharmacy. MOUs have also been signed with the Pakistan Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Lahore; HEJ Institute of Chemistry Karachi University; Chughtai Diagnostic Laboratory and NovaMed Pharmaceuticals for providing training, internships and research facilities.
Keeping in view the ever-increasing demand of professionally skilled pharmacists in the country and abroad, the Department of Pharmacy has taken the initiative to start Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D), a five-year professional degree program to cater to the needs of the ever growing pharmaceutical industry in research and development, manufacturing, quality assurance, clinical research, marketing, drug regulatory affairs (a major area of pharmaceutical jobs in the country) and the requirements of pharmaceutical care.
The training in the industry, according to GMP and cGMP requirements and healthcare settings, is an essential component of FCCU’s Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) program and develops pharmaceutical professionals whose scientific knowledge, training and skills enable them to deliver excellence in the pharmaceutical industry and pharmacy practice. This will strengthen the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture quality and cost effective pharmaceutical products and makes the Pharm D program distinct from other institutions. The program will be conducted according to the requirements of the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan.
- Describe major concepts (principles, practices, etc.) of Pharmacy
- Exhibit the knowledge and confidence to assume professional role of pharmacist in the healthcare system (clinical, hospital and community pharmacy settings), pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, marketing of pharmaceuticals, supply chain management, drug regulatory affairs, research and academia
- Demonstrate ability to think critically, understand health and health related problems and contribute towards their solutions
- Apply pharmaceutical knowledge in the real, changing and expanding world, and be a lifelong learner
- Describe the range of career possibilities with training in pharmacy
- Use computer technology to gather drug related information for dissemination to other healthcare providers (clinicians, nurses and paramedics) and patients
- Organize themselves as productive individuals in the service of humanity and develop them to become inspiring professionals in the progress of society
Individuals desiring admission in Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree program should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (with major subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics, etc.) with minimum 60% marks or an equivalent diploma from national or international board (e.g. A-level)
Chairperson & Associate Professor
PhD (Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan)
PhD (Groningen University, Institute of Drug Exploration, Netherlands)
MPhil (CEMB, Punjab University), B-Pharm (University of Lahore)
Room # 156, Armacost Science Building
PhD Pharmacology (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
MPhil Pharmacology (University of Sargodha)
Pharm-D (University of Sargodha)
Room # 151, Armacost Science Building
FOR PHARMD 2018-19
|2018 FA||2019 SP||Total Fee Year Excluding tax|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|