The following guidelines are intended to assist departments, research centers and other units in creating content for their respective pages and to ensure that the University website can function effectively, efficiently, and securely.
The Office of Communications and Publications is ultimately responsible for the overall content management of the website.
The FCCU website is a primary source of information for our potential students, current students, staff, alumni and visitors. The FCCU should present a unified, professional image with easy to find, well written, up-to-date and relevant information.
There are some principles common to every area of the website governance:
- The design, content and structure of the University website must always be based around the needs of users.
- Both academic and administrative units are responsible for generating their content in a manner appropriate for their online audiences, yet a common experience must be shared amongst all units under the FCCU brand.
- Advertising or endorsement of any entity is not permitted on any page housed on the FCCU domain.
- All online information available on academic or administrative pages must be owned by a current member of the University, preferably the head of the academic and administrative unit.
- Content generated by any member of the academic or administrative unit must be accurate and verified by the head of the unit.
- All information on the website must be kept constantly up-to-date by the information owner, be accurate and have a realistic life cycle.
- Content owners must ensure that the website speaks directly to the intended audience, answering their questions and giving them information as concisely and clearly as possible.
- All web content related to FCCU must be housed on the chosen CMS of the university site.
- The university respects copyright, data protection and all other relevant national or international laws and regulations regarding website content.
The Communications Office and the IT Services Office reviews all sites that intend to use the fccollege.edu.pk domain before they launch to be sure they meet the University’s branding and accessibility requirements. Please consult with us when you begin your project and ask for a review at least two weeks before you plan to launch.
To request a review, write at firstname.lastname@example.org.