The Department of Political Science at FCCU is one of the largest departments in Social Sciences. The courses offered by the Department are open to students majoring in Political Science as well as other disciplines. The Department’s teaching faculty had the distinction of having scholars of national and international prominence like Dr Carl W Wheeless, Prof Mary Wheeless, Dr Kitchen, Dr Anwar M Barkat, Dr Arshad Karim Syed, Dr Shokat Ali, Dr Hamid Kizilbash, Prof Naseem Zakariya, Dr Parveen Shaukat and Dr Shafqat Hussain Chaudhary.
The quality of instructional work in the Department has indeed been of a high standard. Research work is encouraged. There is a dedicated faculty available to teach various papers and supervise research. The Department arranges extensive lectures, seminars and study tours to facilitate academic excellence in students. Alumni of this Department have contributed positively to national uplift and have excelled in numerous professions.
The department offers a BA (Hons) degree in Political Science and is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The 4-year degree in Political Science encourages students to take courses in the fields of International Relations, Politics of Pakistan and Political Philosophy. Students are encouraged to develop a critical understanding of various phenomena of national and international politics, and their abilities to critically evaluate these concepts are nurtured through active classroom discussions.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the major concepts of politics
- Think critically and analytically with a view to developing the habit of lifelong learning
- Use appropriate skills for careers in foreign and domestic service, politics, law school, teaching, research and graduate study in Political Science
- Function as active citizens in keeping with high ethical standards
- Write analytically on an issue and present it effectively to an audience
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.
Chairperson & Assistant Professor
PhD (Indiana University, USA)
Room E-032, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD (Punjab University, Lahore)
MA (Punjab University, Lahore)
Room E-237, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD (University of Adelaide, Australia)
Room E-236, Business and Social Sciences Building
MPhil (GCU, Lahore)
MA (PU, Lahore)
Room E-135, Business and Social Sciences Building
MPhil (Punjab University, Lahore)
MA (Punjab University, Lahore)
Room E-130, Business and Social Sciences Building
MSc in Comparative Politics (London School of Economics)
MA in Philosophy (Birkbeck College, University of London)
PhD in progress (Royal Holloway University of London)
Room E-031, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD History (University of Cambridge, UK)
Room E-113-A, Business and Social Sciences Building
FOR BA (HONS)
|2018 FALL||2019 SPRING||Total Fee Year Excluding tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|