The vision and mission of FCCU “to impart, create and disseminate knowledge” is best encapsulated in the oldest of disciplines: Philosophy. The wisdom of the sages is captured in the branches Metaphysics and Epistemology; the application of this sagacity is developed by the branches of Logic and Ethics. The wide diversity of theories and application is complemented by an in-depth study of specific thinkers from ancient medieval, modern and contemporary periods. The study of Philosophy thus is the most significant guarantor of critical and creative thinking, and an indispensable requirement of today.
The Department of Philosophy at FCCU is relatively new – launched in 2010, but the rich tradition of learning and knowledge-seeking is adopted and adapted for contemporary times. It is part of the Faculty of Humanities.
- Know the major philosophical movements through the history of Philosophy, past to present
- Understand the various methods that have been used to identify and resolve philosophical problems
- Analyze philosophical arguments
- Apply critical thinking to whole life issues, that is, career, recreation, self-development, etc
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.
|2020FA||2021SP||Total Fee per Year Excluding Tax||Total Fee per Year Including Tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|