The Department of History offers Baccalaureate (Hons) program in History which help students to demonstrate mastery of historical concepts and theories and apply them to historical fact in the context of their times and subsequent historical events.
The Department of History is one of the oldest departments in FCCU. It has produced many luminaries who have been associated with it as members of the learned faculty, such as Professor Griswold, Professor Brush and Dr ZH Zaidi. The Department, through its courses, aims to develop in the students an analytical, critical, scientific, argumentative and methodical thinking for assessing the past occurrences in order to draw conclusions which help to broaden their mental horizons, enrich their vision and enhance their knowledge. Department of History is part of Faculty of Social Sciences.
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.
Distinguished Professor of History and Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences
PhD (History) Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, 1987
MPhil (Political Science) Columbia University, New York, 1977
MA (Political Science), 1970
MA (History), 1968
LLB, 1966, University of Peshawar
Room # 037, Business and Social Sciences Building
Chairperson & Professor
PhD Archaeology (Peshawar University, Peshawar)
MA Archaeology (Peshawar University)
Room # 035, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD (East West Center Fellowship, University of Hawaii,USA)
MA Asian Studies (East West Center Fellowship, University Of Hawaii USA)
MA Urdu Literature (Govt College, Lahore, University of the Punjab)
Room # 341, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD Research Scholar (Department of History, University of the Punjab, Lahore)
MPhil History (Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad)
Room # 334, Business and Social Sciences Building
|2020FA||2021SP||Total Fee per Year Excluding Tax||Total Fee per Year Including Tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|