The Department of Geography has the distinction of being a pioneer in the subject in this part of the subcontinent, with glorious traditions and over 90 years of distinctive history. Geography is a systematic discipline that studies the spatial and temporal interactions between people and their environment and explores the means to synthesize them for the benefit of the society.
The Department’s mission is to groom students as contributing persons for humanity and as inspiring leaders in the nation building process. The department also aims to focus on developing students’ intellectual acumen and to equip them to take on the labyrinthine challenges of today and the future. Its vision is to earn acknowledgement as an innovative and versatile community that can be looked upon to foster scholastic partnerships in emerging horizons of knowledge. A graduate of this program will:
- Analyze and synthesize in-depth knowledge of different concepts and processes of physical, human and regional geography
- Demonstrate competency in the use of fundamental geographic tools/techniques for data collection, display and analysis
- Become productive individuals in the service of humanity and develop themselves into becoming inspiring leaders in the progress and uplift of the country
- Design an independent research project with competence to build a spatiotemporal profile of the phenomena under investigation that helps in reaching at recommendations for development
- Employ knowledge and skills that help in an advanced study in the discipline for job placement
Eligibility criteria For BA/BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed .
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry.
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC .
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level.
Chairperson & Assistant Professor
MPhil (National College of Business Administration & Economics, Lahore)
Master of Science, (University of the Punjab. Lahore)
Room # 239, Business and Social Sciences Building
PhD (University of the Punjab, Lahore)
MPhil (University of the Punjab ,Lahore)
Room # 232, Business and Social Sciences Building
Visiting Assistant Professor
42 years of Experience in the field of Geology and its related subjects like geography, geosphere and hydrogeology; served in different Government Departments and universities; worked in sarhad development authority, FATA Development Corporation, Geological Survey Of Pakistan an attached Department Of Ministry Of Petroleum And Natural Resources, National Centre Of Excellence in Geology, university of […]
Visiting Assistant Professor
PhD Space Science (GIS & RS Major) (University of the Punjab) PhD Geomatics Engineering (Equivalency) (College of Earth and Environmental Sciences) PhD Civil Engineering (GeoInformatics) (Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada) Master of Geomatics Engineering/Civil Engineering (Applied Sc. GIS Major) (Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada) Master Degree (Software Engineering and Web Development) (University of Management Technology (UMT/Hamdard University)) Master Degree (Information Technology) (Grace Institute, Lahore, Pakistan) Master Degree (Marketing & Business Education) (University of the Punjab)
|2020FA||2021SP||Total Fee per Year Excluding Tax||Total Fee per Year Including Tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|