FCCU’s Department of Education was revamped in 2003 when the College returned to private ownership. It is gaining a reputation for being one of the finest Education departments in the country. It offers 4-year BS (Hons) degree in Elementary and Secondary Education as well as a Certificate in English Language Teaching and an Advanced Diploma in English Language Teaching. Our mission is to send out into the field teachers who are fully prepared to meet the challenges of teaching in a constantly changing 21st century. Department of Education is part of Faculty of Education.
The BS (Hons) Education degree follows a liberal arts education framework. This provides every student the opportunity to explore the breadth of knowledge by taking courses in varied disciplines to fulfill the general education requirements and be better prepared to face the world. In addition, it provides every student the opportunity to explore in depth the field of education as their area of concentration.
Graduates from this program are well prepared to face the challenges of the real classroom and impact young lives as they teach. A unique feature of this program is a full semester of teaching practice during the final year which provides the student-teacher with a real-world classroom experience. The student-teacher works in close association with the cooperating teacher at the school and the advisor from FCCU. It helps the prospective teacher visualize his/her career. Our education graduates make a difference: they TEACH!
- Explain and critique the teacher’s role in the progress of a nation
- Develop and use appropriate teaching approaches, strategies, and skills depending on grade level and content area
- Cater to the learning needs of all students in mixed ability classrooms
- Interact ethically with students, parents, administrators, colleagues, and the wider community
- Practice core values in varied academic and other situations
- Evaluate education literature in order to explore opportunities in the field: teaching, research, counseling, administration
Eligibility criteria For BS (Hons):
- Students who have passed their Intermediate
- A- Level students who have cleared at least 3 principal A-Level exams (not AS Level) Equivalence attested from the IBCC Needed
- A- Level students who have given their A levels exams in October, November and are awaiting results are eligible to apply, they need to attach a copy of the statement of entry
- Students who have done their American High School. Equivalence needed attested from the IBCC
- Students who have done their Intermediate from the Technical Board
- Students applying for BS (Hons) Biotechnology must have done FSc Pre-Medical or should have studied Biology and Chemistry in A-Level
Chairperson & Assistant Professor
PhD candidate MA Education (Leeds University, Leeds, UK) MA English Literature (University of the Punjab) International Graduate Certificate in Teaching (Australian Catholic University, Australia) MEd (Allama Iqbal Open University)
MPhil of Education Specialization: Teacher Education ( University of Education, Lahore)
FOR BA (HONS)
|2018 FALL||2019 SPRING||Total Fee Year Excluding tax||Per Credit Rate|
|Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Fall Admissions||Security for Fall Admissions||Total||Tuition Fee||Admission Fee for Spring Admissions||Security for Spring Admissions||Total|