A diverse range of research projects are available in: Molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA biology, stem cells, and biochemistry. Each fellow will be allocated a faculty member, with whom they will work closely. The research project will focus on a current topic in the allocated lab. Supported by a member of the laboratory the scholar will be expected to perform experiments, analyse data, generate ideas, and discuss their results. In addition to practical laboratory work the scholar will also take part in lab meetings and journal clubs.
To apply you need to have the following:
- Completed at least 2 years of a University study (eg. Junior or senior of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June) If you are in the final year of a bachelor study and you intend to graduate before 1 July you are not eligible for the summer school, unless you can show that you will enroll in a Master degree in September
- Some previous research experience
- Good academic record i.e. CGPA should be 3.0 or above
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrollment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible) / Academic Transcript
Participating Labs: http://imp.zangesa.com/summer-
- Scholars will be housed free of charge in student accommodation. The complex features modern rooms that are internet enabled, fully furnished, and have a shared bathroom and kitchen.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events
Kindly provide the following documents to International Education Office by the deadline:
- Unofficial Transcript
- Scientific interests and motivation* We consider this section to be the most important! Please write a short essay describing why you chose to study biology or a related field. Which area(s) of biology do you find most interesting or challenging and what do you expect from the summer school program in Vienna? (we expect approx. 500 words)
- Honours, Scholarships, Awards : Please list any honours or awards that you feel relevant to this application, including the date.